• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Veal

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
photo21q.jpg

Made this for breakfast yesterday. Awesome and not that difficult. What cheese do you use for the bowl thingy? I used some aged sharp cheddar, but I'm thinking that the flavors were too sharp and I should tone it down a bit next time.

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by foodguy
i think egg yolks as a thickener are another lost treasure. the texture is much different than flour; it comes up really silky and rich.

+1. I also use them with vegetable purees. After I had to give up dairy, I looked around for other options.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
Made this for breakfast yesterday. Awesome and not that difficult. What cheese do you use for the bowl thingy? I used some aged sharp cheddar, but I'm thinking that the flavors were too sharp and I should tone it down a bit next time.
Ideally Parmesan, though I suppose you could use whatever is in the fridge.

Pezzaturra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Veal! It dies for you young!"

Enjoy.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no, i believe that was a crouton.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Working Stiff
I was also inspired by this thread to make some scrambled eggs yesterday. I ate them with toast, like a normal person, rather than in a precious little cheese bowl.

This made me lol. But still, matt is awesome.

I actually like my eggs on a really crusty piece of toast, with olive oil drizzled on the toast, and some fried tomatoes on the side (never in the eggs b/c it just makes them watery). It's a pretty delightful meal, but it always makes me sleepy afterwards.

I still need to find a place that makes good crusty bread downtown though. That's the one thing i miss most about montreal. You could get pretty good bread all over the place.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I was also inspired by this thread to make some scrambled eggs yesterday. I ate them with toast, like a normal person, rather than in a precious little cheese bowl.

My wife assures me "normal" people eat eggs with rice and shoyu.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Your wife sounds like a furriner. Furriners ain't normal.

Born and raised in the US. Something I was not.
teacha.gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
are you a dolphin?

I am. Does this exclude me from high end war bars? GDL will eff you up if so.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads