1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Vass

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by johnapril, May 26, 2005.

1. johnapril

johnapril Distinguished Member

These just arrived from A. Harris, perfect fit, beautiful objects, go with every suit in my wardrobe (except the black suit [shhhh]), absolutely brilliant. Never will I stoop to Ferragamo A---GAIN. [​IMG]

2. dah328

dah328 Distinguished Member

That is simply a great looking shoe. I'm envious of you guys who can fit into the samples that A Harris is selling.

dan

3. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

Damn liberal. How come Sky didn't have any for me?

4. globetrotter

globetrotter Stylish Dinosaur

John,

now we can go out and pretend to be the bobsy twins.... on the assumption that you are sort, stout and pink. otherwise it might not work.

those are stunning shoes - if they were in my size I might have taken them, the browns are fantastic and rich.

wear them in good health.

5. Mr Checks

Mr Checks Senior Member

P2 black wingtips.

Mine, all mine.

Same view as JohnApril (except I'll still wear my Ferragamo loafers)

6. johnapril

johnapril Distinguished Member

Zach,

I'm 5'11", 170 lbs, but I still think we would make a fine good cop bad cop Vass-wearing duo.

Mr. Checks,

I still have a closetful of Ferragamos too, servicable, as LAGuy would probably say; but nothing like Vass. These boots feel very light on my feet. I am only beginning to understand the differences between a shoe like this and a mass-produced shoe.

OK, I'm wearing these to Paris on Sunday. Everything has to compete with these. Watch out, Aubercy.

7. Mr Checks

Mr Checks Senior Member

Totally agree. I damn near cried when I put mine on.

Very different sensation walking down a hallway in the Vass. Can't describe it, felt like I was riding above the ground, but very stable at the same time. Nothing like any other shoe I've ever had: as stable as a boot, but not heavy. Perfect.

8. thinman

thinman Distinguished Member

Very sharp shoes, [​IMG] I'm envious. I was in Sky Valet on Tuesday and nothing they had left in 45, 45.5, or 46 was on the right last to fit me quite right. But they did promise to order 2 Edward Green models for me to try on when I return to DC in August. Maybe I need to plan a trip to Budapest, though.

9. JBZ

JBZ Distinguished Member

Terrific looking boots. I'm glad someone here finally grabbed them (they were on the buying-selling forum for awhile). If they fit anything like my Vass budapests, you're in for a real treat. I've never owned a pair of shoes that fit me better.

10. kabert

kabert Distinguished Member

I am only beginning to understand the differences between a shoe like this and a mass-produced shoe.
    Totally agree. Â I damn near cried when I put mine on. Â Very different sensation walking down a hallway in the Vass. Â Can't describe it, felt like I was riding above the ground, but very stable at the same time. Â Nothing like any other shoe I've ever had: as stable as a boot, but not heavy. Â Perfect.
    I completely agree. I used to think that my Edward Green's were easily the most comfortable shoes I own, but the Vass I now have are I think even more comfortable.

11. globetrotter

globetrotter Stylish Dinosaur

(Mr Checks @ May 27 2005,06:16) Quote I am only beginning to understand the differences between a shoe like this and a mass-produced shoe.
    Totally agree. Â I damn near cried when I put mine on. Â Very different sensation walking down a hallway in the Vass. Â Can't describe it, felt like I was riding above the ground, but very stable at the same time. Â Nothing like any other shoe I've ever had: as stable as a boot, but not heavy. Â Perfect.
    I completely agree. Â I used to think that my Edward Green's were easily the most comfortable shoes I own, but the Vass I now have are I think even more comfortable.[/quote] the trouble is that now that I have 2 pair, I need more, because I don't want to wear any of my other shoes. we need to schedule a SF trip to budapest - enjoy the baths and the wine and everybody gets some shoes. we just need to find a good story to tell our wives.

12. drljva

drljva Senior Member

I am only beginning to understand the differences between a shoe like this and a mass-produced shoe.
    Absolutely right: I LOVE the sound Vass shoes make when walking down a hallway. [​IMG]

13. rssmsvc

rssmsvc Distinguished Member

Question , by any chance does anyone know if Vass is in some kind of trouble, I have 6 shoes on order that have not been delivered in a year and they aren't responding to emails or other methods ?

14. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Distinguished Member

If you go back about a month in the main Vass thread you'll see that Rezso has left the company and management of the email account is now being handled by others (Eva Vass maybe). I'm not sure that anyone is getting timely responses at this point. We're all hoping the situation gets back to something like normal, though it will likely be tough to replace Rezso. Over a year is a really long time. Sorry to hear it.

15. rssmsvc

rssmsvc Distinguished Member

My guess is someone here put in a good word for me because my rep left I guess about a month ago and someone else reached out this morning to my 8 emails that had gone unresponded to over weeks. The good is they promised to make it right the bad was that the original personal handling the account appeared to never have put my order in this whole time he told me he did.