1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Vass U-last sizing

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by heidegger, Apr 26, 2012.

1. heidegger

heidegger Well-Known Member

I just wanted to confirm my understanding of Vass U-last sizing from reading this board. Because of the enlongated last, one should size up 1/2. So if I were 9D in AE Park Avenue, I would be 42.5 in Vass U-last? Is this correct?

2. heidegger

heidegger Well-Known Member

Also wondering about K-last sizing - I understand the K-last is a bit shorter (more rounded toe) than the U-last?

3. TheTukker

TheTukker Senior member

Not sure how Vass compares to AE, but I believe the rule around here is to size up 0.5 size from F to U last. Perhaps better to ask the AE question in the Vass thread, although I would not be surprised if that has been dealt with previously.

4. nmprisons

nmprisons Senior member

I wear an 8.5 in most Allen Edmonds' lasts and a 42 in the U-last, though some who post here, including some whose experience and knowledge far outstrip my own, have had different results. I have also heard rumblings about a recent change in Vass sizing, but I have not experienced it myself.