1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Vass U-last sizing

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by heidegger, Apr 26, 2012.

1. heidegger

heidegger Well-Known Member

I just wanted to confirm my understanding of Vass U-last sizing from reading this board. Because of the enlongated last, one should size up 1/2. So if I were 9D in AE Park Avenue, I would be 42.5 in Vass U-last? Is this correct?

2. heidegger

heidegger Well-Known Member

Also wondering about K-last sizing - I understand the K-last is a bit shorter (more rounded toe) than the U-last?

3. TheTukker

TheTukker Distinguished Member

Not sure how Vass compares to AE, but I believe the rule around here is to size up 0.5 size from F to U last. Perhaps better to ask the AE question in the Vass thread, although I would not be surprised if that has been dealt with previously.

4. nmprisons

nmprisons Distinguished Member

I wear an 8.5 in most Allen Edmonds' lasts and a 42 in the U-last, though some who post here, including some whose experience and knowledge far outstrip my own, have had different results. I have also heard rumblings about a recent change in Vass sizing, but I have not experienced it myself.