1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

Vass Shoes Sample Sale!!

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by A Harris, Nov 12, 2004.

1. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

Black Budapest, Budapest last, double stitched, size 43.5. Fits a UK size 9 1/2 E / US size 10 medium. Worn once in a photo shoot. $425plus shipping. [​IMG] Antique cognac (rich medium brown) calf chukka boots with wing detail, Laszlo last, size 44. Fits a UK size 10 F / US size 10 1/2 D-E. $515 plus shipping. [​IMG] Claret (burgundy) calf plain-toe derby on a protype last, double sole, with clear finish on welt. One-of-a-kind. Size 43.5, but it fits like a UK size 9 E / US size 9 1/2 D. Â $425 plus shipping. Â [​IMG] [​IMG] Cognac calf/cognac pebble grain cap-toe derby, 3636 last, size 43.5. Fits a UK size 9 1/2 G / US size 10 wide. $425 plus shipping. Â [​IMG] [​IMG] Burgundy shell cordovan plain-toe oxford, P2 last, size 43.5. Fits a UK 9 1/2 E / US size 10 medium. $515 plus shipping. ON HOLD [​IMG] Black pebble grain hunter-goyser (traditional Austrian side-tying shoe,) Budapest last, size 44.5. Fits between UK 10E & 10.5E / US 11 medium. $425 plus shipping. [​IMG] [​IMG] Black calf oxford, R last, size 43.5. Fits a UK 9 1/2 D / US size 10 medium. $425 plus shipping. [​IMG] [​IMG] Unless otherwise noted, they are new - tried on once or twice, but never worn. The custom shoe trees are included. Retail value is $800-$900 for the calf shoes, $1100 for boots, $1150 for U-last shoes, and $1200+ for cordovan. And they are actually a bargain at those prices [​IMG] If your size is one half size larger (longer) and a width narrower than the listed size, the shoes may work for you. For instance, a shoe listed as fitting a US 10 medium might fit a 10 1/2 if you are on the narrow side of a medium. Shoes can be returned if they do not fit, under these terms: they must be sent back within 48 hrs of you recieving them, insured, via a priority (2-3 day) service, and they must be recieved in the same condition we sent them in. Â Feel free to contact me via PM or email with questions. Shoes will be sold on a first-come-first-serve basis. The PM or email with the earliest date/time gets the pair in question. I will be adding a couple more shoes in a day or so - black wingtips on the Laszlo last in sizes 43 and 44, and dark brown cap-toe brogues on the 3636 last in size 45.5.

2. Alias

Alias Senior member

Darn all you guys with big feet.

3. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

The Vass shoes are beautiful, the pictures of the shoes are outstanding and hopefully you will obtain the Vass shoes in size 9D. What you have displayed should be sold out in 48 hours. Good luck and I know the members of this forum appreciate your efforts on their behalf

4. djkovner

djkovner Well-Known Member

[delete--should've read closely]

5. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Senior member

i was going to say the same about small feet. [​IMG] i think A.H. kept all the 13's for himself. [​IMG]

6. krishanjagmohan

krishanjagmohan Member

S T U N N I N G.. too bad you don't have any 7's or 8's.. Especially the one on the last picture is wonderfull.

7. A Harris

Wish I had more sizes, but Gabor wears a size 10 - 10 1/2 so that's generally the sample size. As for size 13's, the only size 13 samples are ones I have special-ordered for myself, so I'm afraid my fellow's 13's are out of luck [​IMG]

8. newtrane

newtrane Senior member

These shoes are amazing.

What is the difference between the Peter and the P2 last?

Thank you very much.

9. A Harris

The Peter is heavier looking, though not as heavy as the 3636. I only recommend it for loafers. The P2 is a very English looking last, though it is based on the banana last and therefore has a very comfortable, very assymetrical shape (curved on the outside, straight on the inside.) Customers who prefer English styling over German will find the P2 to be a much more elegant last.

10. darkoak

darkoak Senior member

Are any of these shoes still available for sale?

11. A Harris

Yes, most are still available actually. Send me a personal message with the models you are interested in and I'll let you know.

12. A Harris

The prices have been updated to reflect the clearance sale, and shoes that sold have been removed.

13. marc37

marc37 Senior member

A Harris: l am seriously considering getting a pair of Vass this year. You have sold me on them. l am a size 40.5 (7 english).

Will you be offering any Vass 40.5 on discount any time soon?

14. chocoball

chocoball Senior member

Marc, you should get the Vass book, Handmade Shoes for Men. I'm not a big fan of his styles, but the book is brilliant for describing how he makes shoes.

I thought you wanted some bespoke lasts made in your feet shape? These won't give you the bespoke shoe experience.....you should treat them as RTW. But for 400 bucks, you can get a lot of RTW.....

15. A Harris

Not to my knowledge. Sorry about that..