1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

Vass shoes, 45 U-last Norwegians, NIB

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by thinman, Mar 5, 2005.

1. thinman

thinman Senior member

Guys, I have a pair of beautiful, dark brown boxcalf U-Last Norwegian Derbies in a size 45 (bought from a forum member, they are too narrow for me). Comes with the original box (unfortunately a little knocked about.) and shoe bags, but not the Vass shoetrees. Tried on but unworn, and in mint condition. Not a mark on the soles. Of all the Vass lasts, the U lasts are the most expensive, excepting the boots. The original retail price at Louis Boston was $1195. Price to Styleforum members is $600 shipped (within the continental US - others pay actual shipping). [​IMG] [​IMG] The actual color of the shoe is a deep chestnut brown, a little lighter than these pictures appear. The shape of the shoe is truly magnificent, with a terrific elongated chiselled toebox.

2. Renault78law

Renault78law Senior member

oh why oh why do these have to be in my size?.?..? being unemployed sucks [​IMG]

3. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Senior member

What's 45 in American size?

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Check out what A Harris (the Vass guru, for obvious reasons) wrote in the post where the Vass were first advertised (by myself) and sizing issues were discussed at length.

5. bryce330

bryce330 Senior member

Thinman - Aside from the width, did you find the shoes too long?

6. thinman

thinman Senior member

bryce330
    No, they weren't too long, they were a little tight in the toe box, due to the chiselled toe. Length, heel width, instep width, etc. was OK. As you may know, length and width are coupled in shoe sizes, so my US 11.5D feet are wider than a US 11D foot. von Rothbart: According to the European to US size conversion chart on the alden-of-carmel website: http://www.alden-of-carmel.com/Catalog....ng.htm, European 45 is between a US 10.5 and US 11, but I found the length OK. I've found that makers of chiselled toes build in a little extra length for the toes (it's this I was hoping would make the shoes a fit for me).

7. thinman

thinman Senior member

I'm leaving town on business tomorrow for two weeks and probably won't have internet access. If someone wants the shoes, PM me and I'll contact you after I return. Otherwise, the shoes will go on ebay.