• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vass shoe retailer? Another Vass post

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So the other thread made me think of bring this up. I few weeks ago on AA someone posted a german retailer of Vass shoes.
https://ssl.kundenserver.de/budapest...dab594c&PAGE=0

I don't know what the real homepage is. But they seem to be selling Vass for around 450 after you take out the vat. This apparently is with shoe trees and bags as well as shipping according to the post whichi can't find anymore. I was wondering has anyone used this store before. I don't believe they sell to the US as well but at $450 they seem like a steal apprently if BG is selling them for $1400. Or is Vass not letting any other dealers sell there shoes to the US? Sorry if this is a bit confusing but its almost finals week and i'm trying to take my mind of the papers i've been writing.

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm prety sure this is the forbidden dealer.

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whoopee
I'm prety sure this is the forbidden dealer.

what do you mean by forbidden? Will never ship to the US?

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder, if say, I have family in a non-EU European country that I'm going to visit if these sellers would ship to them so that I can go pick them up when I am visiting? That is to say, is the only problem that these places can't ship to the US specifically, or are they now not allowed to ship anywhere?

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am wondering that too. I believe the restriction is on North America. Also disconcerting is that apparently they are not allowed to sell shoes on the beautiful U and F lasts.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
I wonder, if say, I have family in a non-EU European country that I'm going to visit if these sellers would ship to them so that I can go pick them up when I am visiting? That is to say, is the only problem that these places can't ship to the US specifically, or are they now not allowed to ship anywhere?

Given the Vass tacticcs, I would not think anything like this out loud. One would assume that shoes can be shipped within the EU and then make their way to the US but lets keep that to ourselves
sly.gif

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Given the Vass tacticcs, I would not think anything like this out loud. One would assume that shoes can be shipped within the EU and then make their way to the US but lets keep that to ourselves
sly.gif

Hmm, I see the development of an interesting business opportunity
devil.gif

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait a minute, I just thought of something. If you could buy these shoes in Budapest for $500 (let's say) and if they are sold for $1400 at Bergdorf, it would actually be more cost effecient to buy a plane ticket to Budapest (I just flew to Budapest last summer, the ticket was about $600) and buy them there, rather than buy them at Berdorf.

arced

Reaction score
Not that I'm in the market for $1,500 or $500 shoes (even though this forum has steadily pushed up the price for what I think is an acceptable price for a pair of shoes), I noticed that on Orbitz, you can get to Budapest for under $500 (from NYC). Thus, for the price of one pair at BG, you can get a trip to Budapest and pick up TWO pair! If people want to be really enterprising, pool your shoe orders together and send someone to get them. But, then again, maybe there's restrictions on non-Europenas buying more than one pair of shoes at a time.
sarcasm.gif

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by arced
Not that I'm in the market for $1,500 or $500 shoes (even though this forum has steadily pushed up the price for what I think is an acceptable price for a pair of shoes), I noticed that on Orbitz, you can get to Budapest for under $500 (from NYC). Thus, for the price of one pair at BG, you can get a trip to Budapest and pick up TWO pair! If people want to be really enterprising, pool your shoe orders together and send someone to get them. But, then again, maybe there's restrictions on non-Europenas buying more than one pair of shoes at a time.
sarcasm.gif

If there were enough orders to cover my flight, I'd go pick them up myself! (Generous of me, huh?)

arced

Reaction score
Are there laws against 'shoe mules'? Shopping in Budapest seems far more interesting than BG...

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by arced
Are there laws against 'shoe mules'? Shopping in Budapest seems far more interesting than BG...

I don't know, but if I thought of this last summer, I would have been happy to act as a shoe mule (I was only in Budapest for a few hours, but I would have extended my stay to 1 day to pick up some shoes for people - at a slight markup of course). However, it might be a problem getting them back here because having that many pairs in a suitcase might be considered smuggling of contraband.

Patrick Bateman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
Wait a minute, I just thought of something. If you could buy these shoes in Budapest for $500 (let's say) and if they are sold for $1400 at Bergdorf, it would actually be more cost effecient to buy a plane ticket to Budapest (I just flew to Budapest last summer, the ticket was about $600) and buy them there, rather than buy them at Berdorf.

Yeah but if you can afford $500 shoes, your time is probably valuable enough on a per-hour basis that you'd lose money given the travel time required.

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Many of us have made the calculations. Time and the hassle is the big obstacle. But, I have had a shoe pilgrimage planned for next fall for awhile and may do some muling.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads