• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Vass shoe retailer? Another Vass post

demeis

Distinguished Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2004
Messages
1,286
Reaction score
2
So the other thread made me think of bring this up. I few weeks ago on AA someone posted a german retailer of Vass shoes.
https://ssl.kundenserver.de/budapest...dab594c&PAGE=0

I don't know what the real homepage is. But they seem to be selling Vass for around 450 after you take out the vat. This apparently is with shoe trees and bags as well as shipping according to the post whichi can't find anymore. I was wondering has anyone used this store before. I don't believe they sell to the US as well but at $450 they seem like a steal apprently if BG is selling them for $1400. Or is Vass not letting any other dealers sell there shoes to the US? Sorry if this is a bit confusing but its almost finals week and i'm trying to take my mind of the papers i've been writing.
 

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2005
Messages
2,455
Reaction score
4
I'm prety sure this is the forbidden dealer.
 

demeis

Distinguished Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2004
Messages
1,286
Reaction score
2
Originally Posted by whoopee
I'm prety sure this is the forbidden dealer.

what do you mean by forbidden? Will never ship to the US?
 

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2005
Messages
8,738
Reaction score
43
I wonder, if say, I have family in a non-EU European country that I'm going to visit if these sellers would ship to them so that I can go pick them up when I am visiting? That is to say, is the only problem that these places can't ship to the US specifically, or are they now not allowed to ship anywhere?
 

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2005
Messages
2,455
Reaction score
4
I am wondering that too. I believe the restriction is on North America. Also disconcerting is that apparently they are not allowed to sell shoes on the beautiful U and F lasts.
 

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
25,973
Reaction score
3,579
Originally Posted by odoreater
I wonder, if say, I have family in a non-EU European country that I'm going to visit if these sellers would ship to them so that I can go pick them up when I am visiting? That is to say, is the only problem that these places can't ship to the US specifically, or are they now not allowed to ship anywhere?

Given the Vass tacticcs, I would not think anything like this out loud. One would assume that shoes can be shipped within the EU and then make their way to the US but lets keep that to ourselves
 

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2005
Messages
8,738
Reaction score
43
Originally Posted by edmorel
Given the Vass tacticcs, I would not think anything like this out loud. One would assume that shoes can be shipped within the EU and then make their way to the US but lets keep that to ourselves


Hmm, I see the development of an interesting business opportunity
 

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2005
Messages
8,738
Reaction score
43
Wait a minute, I just thought of something. If you could buy these shoes in Budapest for $500 (let's say) and if they are sold for $1400 at Bergdorf, it would actually be more cost effecient to buy a plane ticket to Budapest (I just flew to Budapest last summer, the ticket was about $600) and buy them there, rather than buy them at Berdorf.
 

arced

Senior Member
Joined
May 2, 2004
Messages
437
Reaction score
11
Not that I'm in the market for $1,500 or $500 shoes (even though this forum has steadily pushed up the price for what I think is an acceptable price for a pair of shoes), I noticed that on Orbitz, you can get to Budapest for under $500 (from NYC). Thus, for the price of one pair at BG, you can get a trip to Budapest and pick up TWO pair! If people want to be really enterprising, pool your shoe orders together and send someone to get them. But, then again, maybe there's restrictions on non-Europenas buying more than one pair of shoes at a time.
 

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Joined
Apr 21, 2005
Messages
16,118
Reaction score
1,118
Originally Posted by arced
Not that I'm in the market for $1,500 or $500 shoes (even though this forum has steadily pushed up the price for what I think is an acceptable price for a pair of shoes), I noticed that on Orbitz, you can get to Budapest for under $500 (from NYC). Thus, for the price of one pair at BG, you can get a trip to Budapest and pick up TWO pair! If people want to be really enterprising, pool your shoe orders together and send someone to get them. But, then again, maybe there's restrictions on non-Europenas buying more than one pair of shoes at a time.


If there were enough orders to cover my flight, I'd go pick them up myself! (Generous of me, huh?)
 

arced

Senior Member
Joined
May 2, 2004
Messages
437
Reaction score
11
Are there laws against 'shoe mules'? Shopping in Budapest seems far more interesting than BG...
 

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2005
Messages
8,738
Reaction score
43
Originally Posted by arced
Are there laws against 'shoe mules'? Shopping in Budapest seems far more interesting than BG...

I don't know, but if I thought of this last summer, I would have been happy to act as a shoe mule (I was only in Budapest for a few hours, but I would have extended my stay to 1 day to pick up some shoes for people - at a slight markup of course). However, it might be a problem getting them back here because having that many pairs in a suitcase might be considered smuggling of contraband.
 

Patrick Bateman

Distinguished Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2004
Messages
1,099
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by odoreater
Wait a minute, I just thought of something. If you could buy these shoes in Budapest for $500 (let's say) and if they are sold for $1400 at Bergdorf, it would actually be more cost effecient to buy a plane ticket to Budapest (I just flew to Budapest last summer, the ticket was about $600) and buy them there, rather than buy them at Berdorf.

Yeah but if you can afford $500 shoes, your time is probably valuable enough on a per-hour basis that you'd lose money given the travel time required.
 

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2005
Messages
2,455
Reaction score
4
Many of us have made the calculations. Time and the hassle is the big obstacle. But, I have had a shoe pilgrimage planned for next fall for awhile and may do some muling.
 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

  • I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

  • I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

  • I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

  • Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.


Results are only viewable after voting.

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
438,749
Messages
9,457,334
Members
198,205
Latest member
Karl Maris
Top