• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vass Sample Sale

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
All shoes are brand new unless otherwise noted. About sizing - if your foot is perfectly shaped and on the narrow side of a medium (eg you rarely have trouble finding shoes that fit) then the larger US size listed will probably work for you.If your foot is on the wider side and you occasionally or always have trouble finding shoes that fit - then go by the smaller US size conversion listed. Black Budapest, Budapest last, double stitched, size 43.5. Fits a UK size 9 1/2 E / US size 10 - 10 1/2 medium. Worn once in a photo shoot. SOLD
budapestblkds.jpg
vasssamplesale2.jpg
Shell cordovan Budapests, Budapest last, regular welted, steel toe inlay, size 43.5. Fits a UK size 9 1/2 F / US size 10 - 10 1/2, slightly on the wide side. Worn three times by Gabor, still in perfect condition. $425 plus shipping. NOTE: the shoes pictured are not the actual shoes for sale - the shoes we are selling are identical except they are regular-welted. I'll have pics of the actual pair soon.
vasssamplesale3.jpg
Black pebble grain hunter-goyser (traditional Austrian side-tying shoe,) Budapest last, size 44.5. Fits between UK 10E & 10.5E / US 11 - 11 1/2 medium. $425 plus shipping.
Vasshuntergoyser1.jpg
Vasshuntergoyser2.jpg
Antique cognac (medium brown) Norweger chukka boots, Budapest last, double-stitched with yellow accent on welt, vibram sole, size 42.5. Fits UK size 8 1/2 G / US size 9- 9 1/2 wide. $450 plus shipping. Cool boots.. Â
vasssamplesale5.jpg
Cognac chukka boots, Peter last, size 43.5. Fits UK size 9 1/2 E-F/ US size 10 - 10 1/2 medium, slightly on the wide side. $450 plus shipping
peterlastchukka1.jpg
peterlastchukka2.jpg
Antique cognac (rich medium brown) calf chukka boots with wing detail, Laszlo last, size 44. Fits a UK size 10 F / US size 10 1/2 - 11 E. $450 plus shipping. SOLD
Vasslaszlolastwingboot.jpg
Black calf wingtip derby, regular welted, Laszlo last, size 44. Fits a UK 10 F / US size 10 1/2 - 11 E. $425 plus shipping. STILL AVAILABLE
vasssamplesale4.jpg
vasssamplesale04.jpg
Cognac calf/cognac pebble grain cap-toe derby, 3636 last, size 43.5. Fits a UK size 9 1/2 G / US size 10 - 10 1/2 wide. $425 plus shipping. Â SOLD PENDING PAYMENT
Vasscognacpebble3636.jpg
Vasscognacpebble36362.jpg
Dark brown calf cap-toe derbys with medallion toe, on the 3636 last, size 45 1/2. Fits UK size 11 G / US size 11 1/2 - 12 wide. $425 plus shipping. No shoe trees with these. Â
vasssamplesale6.jpg
Black calf wingtip oxford, double-stitched, p2 last, size 43.5. Fits a UK 9 1/2 E / US size 10 medium. Sz 10 1/2 if you have a narrow foot. $425 plus shipping. Â SOLD
Vassblkwingtipdsp2last.jpg
Vassblkwingtipdsp2last2.jpg
Vassblkwingtipdsp2last3.jpg
Black calf oxford, R last, size 43.5. Fits a UK 9 1/2 D / US size 10 medium. Sz 10 1/2 if you have a narrow foot. $425 plus shipping. SOLD
Vassblkoxfordrlast.jpg
Vassblkoxfordrlast2.jpg
Red-cognac calf wingtip, U last, size 43.5, fits UK size 9 D / US size 9 1/2 medium. Sz 10 if you have a narrow foot. $690 plus shipping. Â SOLD PENDING PAYMENT
vasssamplesale8.jpg
The custom shoe trees are included unless otherwise noted. Minimum retail value is $800-$900 for the calf shoes, $1100 for boots, $1150 for U-last shoes, and $1200 for cordovan. Those are Louis prices, any other store and they would likely be 20% more. Shoes can be returned if they do not fit, under these terms: they must be sent back within 48 hrs of you recieving them, insured, via a priority (2-3 day) service, and they must be recieved in the same condition we sent them in. Â Feel free to contact me via PM or email with questions. Shoes will be sold on a first-come-first-serve basis. The PM or email with the earliest date/time gets the pair in question.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Amazing deal, so sorry none are my size.

marc37

Reaction score
(zjpj83 @ May 14 2005,09:20) Amazing deal, so sorry none are my size.
So Sorry??? THANK G-d NONE OF THESE ARE MY SIZE... DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT THIS WOULD DO TO MY MARRIAGE????
omg.gif

LOL. ditto. As it is, l'm skating on thin ice. Even still, l'm secretly attending a fitting for some MTM boots tommorrow. l still haven't been able to convince my girl to let me get a pair of shoes from Ron Rider yet. She says l have got more than enough shoes and that l don't need them. She always has the last word.
crazy.gif

alchimiste

Reaction score
Why is the U last more expensive?

TimelessRider

Reaction score
Antique cognac (medium brown) Norweger chukka boots, Budapest last, double-stitched with yellow accent on welt, vibram sole, size 42.5. Fits UK size 8 1/2 G / US size 9- 9 1/2 wide. $450 plus shipping. Cool boots..
Are these a special order Budapest last? I'm asking because I don't find the standard Budapest last to be particularly wide.

alchimiste - I believe the U-last shoes are more expensive because of the extra work it take to create the bevelled waist.

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
alchimiste - I believe the U-last shoes are more expensive because of the extra work it take to create the bevelled waist.
That and the three-piece trees.

alchimiste

Reaction score
What's this "bevelled waist" I keep hearing about?

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Are these a special order Budapest last?  I'm asking because I don't find the standard Budapest last to be particularly wide.

Yes, they fit wider than the standard Budapest last.

About the U-last shoes - the beveled waists and three-piece trees are contributing factors, as is the higher gloss finish. In general, the U last shoes are just harder to make, they take more time, and are therefore more expensive.

I'm amazed nobody is buying the boots. These are killer deals..

I've updated the list to note pairs that have been sold. I mistakenly noted earlier that the black wingtips on the Laszlo last were sold - they are still available (it was the black P2 wingtips that sold.)

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd grab at least one pair if they were my size (not thrilled by the side-laceups with the pebble grain, which are my size). I really like the Budapest last, though. The shape of the toe box is a little quirky, unique. The antique cognac finish on the chukka boots is great too..

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone please buy the Cognac Lazlo boots. I can't afford them, not even sure when I'd wear them (they seem a little too formal for jeans) and it is killing me. If I had them, I might have to wear wool trousers. And start drycleaning. That would suck.

mr. magoo

Reaction score
Aren't all the samples made for Gabor's size? I think he should be forced to buy them if no one else does.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aren't all the samples made for Gabor's size? I think he should be forced to buy them if no one else does.
I think he should be forced to wear a variety of different sizes for the photo shoots.
tounge.gif

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The original post his been updated - sold shoes are marked accordingly. Still some great styles left..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads