1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Vass oxford medallion confusion

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by scm996, Jul 14, 2004.

1. scm996

scm996 Member

Could someone explain the difference between the following 2 Vass shoes ? Both of them are called Oxford Medallion and the designs are quite similar but the cut is pretty different. I like the picture on the top a whole lot better. It has a very chiseled/bespoke look with a narrow waist as compared to the other one. My question is whether I could order the shoe (first picture) in RTW and how do I specify it to ensure that I do end up with the other one ? I presume both these shoes are shown in Cognac or are they in different colors ? [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

The shoe on top is antique cognac in color, a size 45, and the picture is taken from an inside angle.

The shoe on the bottom is cognac in color, is a size 43.5, and the picture is taken from an outside angle.

The difference in size affects the profile a bit, but mostly the difference is in the angle the pic is taken from. The shape of a shoe often doesn't translate well in a picture, especially if you have not seen it in person before.

3. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

Also, taking a closeup shot with a wide angle lens will often distort an image as well. In the first image, the front part of the shoe (closer to camera) could appear larger than the back part as a result of some distortion--contributing to the narrow-appearing waist.

M#4

4. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

I took the picture, and it isn't distorted. The narrowness of the waist is accentuated from that angle because of the way it tapers under the foot on that side.

5. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

Are the shoes in the top pic shined? Or is that the finish that it comes with. How would you describe that finish? Oily? It is lovely.

6. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Senior member

The phrase "pictures don't do them justice" REALLY applies to Vass shoes. They are breathtaking in person.

koji

7. nova

nova Active Member

where did you find these nice pictures?

Thanks.

8. Renault78law

Renault78law Senior member

http://www.vass-shoes.com I presume? Right-click an image to see it's properties...that will usually tell you the source of a picture.

9. scm996

scm996 Member

A Harris or jcusey, would it be possible to post a couple pictures of the Oxford medallion in antique cognac from the inside and outside angles ?

10. jcusey

jcusey Senior member Dubiously Honored

Sorry. I only have the shoe in cognac. Here's the closest shot I have to what you're looking for: [​IMG]

11. BGW

BGW Senior member

Everyone here has of course complimented the shoes, but I have gone further. The top picture is now the background on my computer. Actions speak louder than words.

12. jcusey

jcusey Senior member Dubiously Honored

Commendable, of course, but you can't wear a computer monitor on your feet. [​IMG]