Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Vass online

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by aon, Jan 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. GBer

GBer Senior member

Sounds like they keep the VAT refund for themselves.

2. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

Anyone contacted Ralph / Margo?

I emailed, no response.

3. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

4. Leaves

Leaves Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

5. olualbert

olualbert Senior member

I bought my first pair of vass with margo and ralph...and yes they are reliable.

6. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

I've e-mailed them and had a rapid response.

Please note that they are based in Belgium, not in the UK, and therefore the VAT refund rules that apply in the UK most likely do not apply in Belgium.

7. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

I've e-mailed them and had a rapid response.

Please note that they are based in Belgium, not in the UK, and therefore the VAT refund rules that apply in the UK most likely do not apply in Belgium.

Belgium charges VAT, and if they export to USA, VAT should be deducted.

8. Oyaji

Oyaji Senior member

Well it depends on the business size, small company can get a status which allows them not collect VAT neither to be refounded, like individuals.

9. aon

aon Senior member

Aon - did you get your shoes?

Not yet but they're en route. They respond to emails promptly. Ralph has provided me the tracking number. They use Colissimo for shipping. My shoes might be here next week.

10. GBer

GBer Senior member

VAT applies if shoes are delivered to the EU. All non-EU shipments should have VAT deducted. If they don't give you the VAT deduction, that means they are just keeping it for themselves. Look at the discount, just a bit more than the VAT. So if they sell to non-EU countries with their "sale" ~ VAT deduction, where's it go? Think about it.

Well it depends on the business size, small company can get a status which allows them not collect VAT neither to be refounded, like individuals.

Dealt with many small businesses and all reputable businesses deduct VAT. Assuming they imported G&Gs from England, it would be impractical and costly to not have VAT registration/license. Since they sell shoes on eBay, assuming mostly to foreign countries, they also sell outside of the country. Don't know about Belgium, but some countries require you to be commercially registered for import/ export trades. If you don't collect VAT and you operate a business, that's illegal.

11. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

I asked about the deduction of the VAT, probably why I did not receive a reply.

VAT applies if shoes are delivered to the EU. All non-EU shipments should have VAT deducted. If they don't give you the VAT deduction, that means they are just keeping it for themselves. Look at the discount, just a bit more than the VAT. So if they sell to non-EU countries with their "sale" ~ VAT deduction, where's it go? Think about it.

Dealt with many small businesses and all reputable businesses deduct VAT. Assuming they imported G&Gs from England, it would be impractical and costly to not have VAT registration/license. Since they sell shoes on eBay, assuming mostly to foreign countries, they also sell outside of the country. Don't know about Belgium, but some countries require you to be commercially registered for import/ export trades. If you don't collect VAT and you operate a business, that's illegal.

12. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

This is the response I got in reply yo a q regarding VAT. I assumed that they werent registered for the VAT deduction. IME w.r.t shops where you can ask for a VAT form for refund at the airport, some of the shops which do not cater to tourists are not registered with Premier Tax Free or Global Refund and as such cannot give a VAT refund form. However, I dont know if this is the case here. dear sir , we can t deduct the VAT as our prices are already very interesting... the shipping to india costs 40 euros best , ralph which model and size are you interested in ?

13. upnorth

upnorth Senior member

14. BlueHorseShoe

BlueHorseShoe Senior member

dear sir ,

we can t deduct the VAT as our prices are already very interesting...
    the shipping to india costs 40 euros

best , ralph

which model and size are you interested in ?[/color]
    [/I]

Interesting that they have built the VAT refund into their prices/margins. Seems kind of janky.

15. GBer

GBer Senior member

This is the response I got in reply yo a q regarding VAT. I assumed that they werent registered for the VAT deduction.

IME w.r.t shops where you can ask for a VAT form for refund at the airport, some of the shops which do not cater to tourists are not registered with Premier Tax Free or Global Refund and as such cannot give a VAT refund form. However, I dont know if this is the case here.

What you are talking about only applies to airport buying or (in-person) and exporting it in person which fall under an international duopoly for VAT refunds where they keep a portion of the refund for themselves as a transaction fee. A different story. We are talking about delivery, an export function.

Unless you are going to Belgium to pick it up, it's different. I am not even sure that is possible with this company. Smaller, more reputable stores that deliver outside of the EU, do VAT refunds.

dear sir ,

we can t deduct the VAT as our prices are already very interesting...
    the shipping to india costs 40 euros

best , ralph

which model and size are you interested in ?

Your email says it all. The VAT refund is part of their profit. A SIGNIFICANT margin, as Belgium VAT is 21%.