• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vass Old English II, Oxblood, F Last, 43 EU

Degendorff

Reaction score
It should be no problem since Vass Shoes are MTO. Afaik they do not have a retail production.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoe
HOOAH!
Andrew, do you know if vass can put a medallion on the old english II?

I need this pair in dark brown or navy U last.

Absolutely no problem. In the same order, I had them add a medallion to the U last monk strap.

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice choice. I like the look of the F-last with that configuration.

The F-last has really been growing on me and is what I'll order if I get another pair of Vass (which I don't really anticipate at this point).

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well done, Chris, welcome to the club. Once you have Vass there's no turning back. I remember mine has seamless heel counter.

Girardian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Both this and the U last version are beautiful to behold. This is what "cosolidating your resources" is all about. Shoe perfection.

william

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by von Rothbart
Well done, Chris, welcome to the club. Once you have Vass there's no turning back. I remember mine has seamless heel counter.

Yea I noticed....also they didn't give me two-colored soles. Maybe mine were made on a Friday afternoon.
baldy[1].gif

Not that either detail matters to anyone except us obsessive shoe hounds.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by von Rothbart

How could a shoe with that design have a seamless heel counter?

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
How could a shoe with that design have a seamless heel counter?

correct.

von are you sure?

these are the old english II. the seam that sweeps from the eyelet does not go to the sole, but goes back up as a 'heel counter' seam.

so thus, the heel, should not have a seam unless that section and all along the quarters and vamp is a wholecut cut.

the old english medallion captoe , has a SEPARATE heel counter piece, thus there is no seam on the back.

i hope everyone understands my point above.

but if you are sure about your english II, von, then you may have a special cut!

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by william
Yea I noticed....also they didn't give me two-colored soles. Maybe mine were made on a Friday afternoon.
baldy[1].gif

Not that either detail matters to anyone except us obsessive shoe hounds.

Chris,
also dont concern over the two tone sole.

vass just paints on the black part. it is originally a oak bark sole, but they just paint the spade design on back but i dont know what they use for that varnish black.
look at the photos of other vass CLOSELY where the two tone is present.
you will see they are all painted,
see here check out mine (that i sold):

Picture040.jpg

what may be the difference though is if you have a single sole or double sole.

i prefer the double soles, as they have a thicker forefront but a slimmer waist area so it gives it a more elegant 'sweep'

emptym

Reaction score
Originally Posted by william
emptym:
Regarding sizing...these fit unlike any shoe I own. I'm basically a 10D or a 10.5C (US sizes) depending on the last. The closest fitting shoe to these would be my C&J Belgraves/337 in 9E UK. Hope that helps a little.

It does. Thank you.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Simply sublime.

william

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
vr's Old English Plain w/ seamless heel counter:
p1030649fz6.jpg
Shoe/Brian: Thanks for the explanation. I knew two-colored soles were just painted...I just like the look of it. Too minor to worry about though...just thought I'd mention it.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Chris,
do you see why this heel counter on the old english does NOT have a seam?

because it is a seperate heel counter piece.

your old english II heal is continuous with the vamp and sides.
thus it would be very difficult to fit that leather piece without the heal seam. basically, it will have to be some sort of a wholecut 'donut' leather piece.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads