• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vass New Peter (P2) Last Sizing

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by furo
I wear an 8.5D in all AE models, and an 8D in the Alden Barrie last

Will a 40.5 in the New Peter (P2) last have the slightest remote possibility of fitting me?

should fit you perfectly, like a glove

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
should fit you perfectly, like a glove

bounce2.gif
worship.gif

Poshak Man

Reaction score
I wear size US 8D in most shoes including allen edmonds. Don't have aldens on the barrie last. As for Vass I have a size 41 on the F last and 41 on the P2 last. The fit on both the Vass shoes is one of the best for my foot. You should try these shoes before buying otherwise make sure they have a good return policy.

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Poshak Man
I wear size US 8D in most shoes including allen edmonds. Don't have aldens on the barrie last. As for Vass I have a size 41 on the F last and 41 on the P2 last. The fit on both the Vass shoes is one of the best for my foot. You should try these shoes before buying otherwise make sure they have a good return policy.

Wow that is equivalent to a full size difference than what I'm looking at here.

BrooklynWeGoHard

Reaction score
Originally Posted by furo
Wow that is equivalent to a full size difference than what I'm looking at here.
do not sweat, you will be fine. the shoes are perfect! maybe quarter of a size small, but shell is KNOWN to stretch more than calf. get the shoes in your hand and thank us all later
1159[1].gif

Siggy

Reaction score
I wear 10D in most shoes and 42.5 on the P2 last. BTW, the comment about shell stretching more than calf is BS IMO.

Poshak Man

Reaction score
42 by my estimation. 8D on AE. 7E on Lobbs 8000, 8D on Alden Aberdeen, 7.5 E on EG 888, 89, 808 and a 41 on Vass F and P2.

But Vass shoes fit very differently depending on your feet shape. High instep vs low instep, narrow vs wide and not just on the length of you feet. So perhaps check with resident Vass experts like kolecho or sho'nuff before you buy. Buy from some one with a good return policy. Some of the ebay sellers in the past have had a decent return policy i.e. a 7 day return for store credit.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it accurate to say that P2 last is similar to F last?II am 44.5 in F last, what would it be on P2 last?

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys - a little thread resurrection here. I'm a recent Vass convert and am considering ordering a pair of NST's on the P2 (New Peter Last) and possibly something on the F last down the line.

I currently just have the oxford austerity brogues on the U last in a size 44. They fit very well for my slightly narrow feet, but I could use the slightest bit more length in the tox box as my big toe occasionally gets rubbed.

That being said, would people recommend I stick with a 44 for the P2 and F or go down a half size? Any is appreciated. Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads