• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vass, John Lobb Prestige, Edward Green shoes available

Vass, John Lobb Prestige, Edward Green shoes available

pkincy

Reaction score
My Ralph Lauren Purple Label by EG are US 9D. My Edward Greens from UK are 8.5E. Tell me which one and I wll send you the last. Or send me your email and I will email a Word Doc that has the sizes and lasts on it.

Tetsu

Reaction score
Is John Lobb's adelaide in the same condition as the photo? Do you still have it?

pkincy

Reaction score
I do have it. I can get you some updated pictures tomorrow.

pkincy

Reaction score
The Adelaide's are a bit odd. I bought them new at a NM Last Call. They were first grade and brand new but apparently somebody with a foot size difference had puilled a fast one at the regular NM store and switched out a shoe when he was trying on both the 9E and 8.5E UK sizing. So he took off with an 8.5E left and a 9E right, so they moved the pair to Last Call. So what I bought was a 9E left shoe and a 8.5E right shoe. As I could try them on and they fit perfectly I bought them. But the left shoe is just slightly longer than the right. Apparently most of us have one foot bigger than the other and I am a bit left foot bigger. Tomorrow I will get you new pictures and an inside measurement of each of the shoes.

pkincy

Reaction score
Interesting. The left 9E UK shoe is 11 and 2/16s from toe to heel inside. The right 8.5E is 10 and 15/16ths toe to heel inside with the same tape. So only 3/16th more length in the 9E. For me, they both fit perfectly. Frankly I wear all the John Lobb lasts a bit better than the Edward Green lasts in the same sizing.
John Lobb Adelaide (1 of 1)-2.jpg
John Lobb Adelaide Captoe (1 of 1).jpg
John Lobb Adelaide Captoe Soles (1 of 1).jpg
John Lobb Adelaide (1 of 1).jpg

pkincy

Reaction score
Here is another captoe but more in tan than chestnut you might consider. It is the Crockett & Jones Tellman for Polo. Being a Polo SKU it is sized in US sizing of 9D.
Crockett & Jones Tellman for Polo Captoe (1 of 1)-3.jpg
Crockett & Jones Tellman for Polo Captoe (1 of 1)-4.jpg
Crockett & Jones Tellman for Polo Captoe (1 of 1)-5.jpg

pkincy

Reaction score
Yes, Good shoes (and suits) seem to be a thing of the distant past.

pkincy

Reaction score
I certainly would consider it but the shipping and the communication is just harder, but not insurmoountable. Here is the updated list

Attachments

• 2020Shoes12152020.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 87

pkincy

Reaction score
With slightly better formatting.

Attachments

• 2020Shoes12152020.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 88

zeeshantufayl

Reaction score
hi

would you be kind enough to send me more pics (especially the shoes individually and the soles as well) of the JL vintage 2004. Please do mention the size as well.

Much thanks and regards

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads