Vass Group buy II - Worldwide, Australia, Singapore

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by arahat, Apr 1, 2014.

1. jimhatzu

jimhatzu Member

Depending on Pricing I would also be interested in

Theresianer blucher High Boot or Balmoral High Boot (no brogueing), middle brown suede, k-last, standard single leather soles + flush metal toe-plates, 5 eyelets 4 speed hooks, size 43

2. techaview

techaview Senior member

I'm interested in the GMTO but I have to get the correct sizing for U last and F last before I can decide on the model. Any kind soul here can advice if I wear meermin olfe/hiro UK8 and loake capital last UK7.5, what is the advisable size for U and F last?

Have did some research myself. I reckon F last is UK8 as it is normal width and U last UK8.5 as it run narrow... Correct me if I am wrong. Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

If you fit Olfe comfortable in the toes I think you'd be OK with 42 in both lasts

4. techaview

techaview Senior member

Thanks OJ...

Yes olfe is comfortable on the toe for me. But isn't it true U last run narrower?

Also will it be possible to get an indicative price ex VAT and plus shipping since there isn't mention of them. Thanks

5. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

Olfe in 42.5 is a little tight in the toes for me with U being just a bit tighter. If you have wiggle room I think you'll be fine. If you size up the shoe will break at the wrong place and generally be too long. I'm actually going down to a 42 and up to g width for my next U last order. A gamble yes but I think it'll work

6. techaview

techaview Senior member

Ya that a gamble I have to take. 42 should be safe for me I hope.....

Anyway will it be possible to get a quote for 2 models before I decide which one I am going to pick? Thanks

7. arahat

arahat Senior member

I can confirm the 3-piece lasted trees from Vass is generally a 60 euros option. We may get a group discount for them.

Current shell cordovan colours readily available are oxblood, black and antic cognac. Other shell colours are subject to availability.

There is some confusion about the option of 'close-cut beveled waist' from Vass. The photos below describe what is available as an option. It is a close trimming of the welt at the waist rather than the conventional beveled waist.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Prices quoted exclude VAT and include shipping and lasted trees. PM sent.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014

8. joiji

joiji Senior member

This was done for me without asking on both of my single sole pairs.

9. mimo

mimo Pernicious Enabler

Mine (F last) are like that too.

10. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

11. jaywhyy

jaywhyy Senior member

^I've seen single-sole Vass w/o it. I would hope there's no upcharge for it.

12. wklq76a

wklq76a Senior member

Sorry for the tedious question, but what colors might be possible in "other shell colors are subject to availability". Just curious what lighter shades could be ordered. Also could you please PM me a quote for a shell cordovan high boot? Thanks.

13. hentaisan

hentaisan Well-Known Member

Can anybody recommend a size for me?

I am 8 (snug fit) in Carmina Simpson and 8.5D US in Allen Edmonds 5 last.

I have tried monk straps in Carmina Inca in size 8 and they were too big in every dimension. Due to them being monk straps, I may have needed to size down to 7

I am looking at derby in F and monk straps in U.

14. Sartorial Scum

Sartorial Scum Senior member

Possibly a 41.5 or 41 depending on how snug you want it. I wear a 8UK in the Forest last and have a slight bit of space in both the Forest and F Last, not major but not snug either

15. arahat

arahat Senior member

Vass confirms that the close welt trim at the waist is the standard, no-cost treatment for all their Italian (ie. K, U, F lasts etc.) lasts orders.
    If you ordered an Italian last shoe/boots, the close welt trim at the waist will come as standard.

@wklq76a pm sent. Light shades can be ordered although wait time is rather lengthy (months - years).
    The lighter the shade of shell, the scarcer the shell since the lighter shade highlights rather than hides any natural defects.
    The photo (from the thread Vass Shoes colour below shows some of Vass shell colour options.

Shell cordovan colours from Left to right: Whiskey, Dark Brown, Antique Cognac, Saddle

[​IMG]