• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vass Group buy II - Worldwide, Australia, Singapore

hentaisan

Reaction score
Ok I've made up my mind. I'm in for:

London 5 eyelet derby, on F last, in Burgundy shell, with single leather sole and metal toe taps.

I'd like goyser welt construction if it isn't more expensive

I'm interested in shell double monks on F last too if I can get a quote for that

Phew!

Last edited:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
I hope you won't mind my throwing this in as it's a slightly different arrangement, and a very short-term offer:

Current MTO Announcement!

Pardon the interruption, but here's a live one for anyone who's interested: we have a group MTO ready to go but due to a couple of late withdrawals, need another Vass fan or two (from anywhere) to join us.

We are buying a specially-created Vass U-last adelaide, with a v-cap and matching v-facing, and brogueing around each. This is a new pattern that Vass will make for us, based on this. The planned colour option is similar to the top shoe in the picture, made in antique cognac, with a brown scotchgrain facing and toe cap. There is also a second colour option in the same order, of dark red cognac all over. Goyser stitching is optional at no extra cost, but this GMTO is for this shoe, on this last, in one of these two colourways.

Anyone interested, please PM me for a price, I don't want to clutter this thread or disrespect retailers by talking numbers. It's a good deal, but you'll need your money ready quite soon. :)

P.S. What is the time line for this group order? If it's cheaper than the normal direct orders, I'm probably in for this too, and several of the models mentioned are good for me.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Anyone who read my post above about the GMTO but didn't fancy the two-tone or the red cognac, please note: oxblood is now a third colour option, with or without goyser stitching, as you like. PM if you want, but be quick. :)

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Ok I've made up my mind. I'm in for:

London 5 eyelet derby, on F last, in Burgundy shell, with single leather sole and metal toe taps.

I could be interested in this shoe, though with a double sole.

madridista

Reaction score
@arahat

Sorry for the late reply.
I would be interested in one or two of the following.
Penny loafer on F last in Whiskey shell cordovan

Plain cap-toe on F last in dark brown

Semi brouge on F last in saddle shell cordovan like the one on left below

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@arahat

I'd be interested in either an austerity brogue or a brogued wingtip. Probably in some shade of dark brown.

griffon_id

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
@arahat

Do you have any update on the GMTO? Do we have enough to order and when will be the deadline?
Thanks.

Christopherj

Reaction score
Hi,

I am interested in a chukka boot, U-last or F-last, oxblood/dark brown calf or dark brown suede.

Alternatively, would be interested in a balmoral high boot, F-last, oxblood/dark brown - scotchgrain shaft with dainite soles.

Thanks
Chris

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@arahat

Do you have any update on the GMTO? Do we have enough to order and when will be the deadline?
Thanks.

Indeed and will shoe trees be included in the price of the orders.

arahat

Reaction score
Just added the new orders and details in the new list. Thank you to those you have clarified their order or are joining us.

Interested Parties:
Bonney - Chukka boots, size 41 U-last, dark brown boxcalf
arahat
truevision - chukka boots, size 41.5 F-last, red brown suede + flush metal toe plates.
Christopherj - chukka boots, size 41.5 U-last or F-last, oxblood/dark brown calf or dark brown suede, double leather soles
sliq - chukka boots, size 42 F-last, dark brown suede + flush metal toe-plates
nelseypants - chukka boots, size 41 F-last + G-width, shell cordovan - antic cognac, double leather sole + topy and flush metal toe-plates
joiji - chukka boots, size 44.5 F-last, black shell cordovan, double leather soles + flush metal toe-plates.
nelseypants - chukka boots, size 41 P2-last + G-width, shell cordovan - oxblood, double leather sole + topy and flush metal toe-plates
nelseypants - chukka boots, size 41 P2-last + G-width, shell cordovan - whiskey, double leather sole + topy and flush metal toe-plates

Nullson - Austerity wingtip oxford high boots, F-last, shell cordovan - antic cognac, blind eyelets + 3 top speed hooks, double leather soles + flush metal toe-plates, 3-piece shoe trees
stevent - Austerity wingtip oxford high boots, size 43 F-last + G-width, shell cordovan - antic cognac or oxblood, blind eyelets + 3 top speed hooks, double leather soles + flush metal toe-plates, 3-piece shoe trees

Jsocol - wingtip brogue oxford high boots, size 42 U-last, gold museum calf, danite soles + eyelets and speed hooks
RogerP - wingtip brogue oxford high boots, size 43 U-last, navy calf + navy scotchgrain shaft, all blind eyelets, double tapering to single leather soles
laufer - wingtip brogue oxford high boots, size 44.5 F-last, antic cognac calf, blind eyelets + speed hooks, double tapering to single leather soles, 3-piece shoe trees

pianan - captoe balmoral high boots, Size 41.5 U-last, all blind eyelets, 6319 cognac boxcalf, dainite soles (photo reference)
magicspot - captoe balmoral high boots, U-last, Plum museum calf with suede shaft, dainite soles
Christopherj - captoe balmoral high boots, size 41.5 F-last, oxblood/dark brown + scotchgrain shaft, dainite soles
PipersSon - golden/ tan balmoral high boots + blue suede shaft
vorkanz - balmoral high boot, cap-toe with punch details, size 44.5 F-last + G-width ,dark brown museum calf, dainite soles
jimhatzu - captoe Balmoral High Boot (no brogueing) +2 inches taller in boot shaft height, mid brown suede, size 43 K-last, double tapering to single leather soles + topys, flush metal toe-plates, 5 eyelets 4 speed hooks
wellsuited - captoe balmoral high boots, size 41 U-last, bordeaux calf + metal toe-taps
FearAndLoathing - balmoral high boots - cap-toe with quarter brogue, size 44.5 F-last, goyser stitching, shell cordovan - antic cognac , dainite soles, top 3 rows speed-hooks, 3 piece shoe trees.
velgador0 - Plain toe balmoral high boot - no toe cap, no broguing, size 43.5 U-last, shell cordovan - bordeaux, 5 eyelets + 3 speed hooks, dainite sole.
velgador0 - Plain toe balmoral high boot - no toe cap, no broguing, size 43.5 U-last, gold museum calf, 5 eyelets + 3 speed hooks, dainite sole.

brax - wingtip brogue oxford short boots, size 40.5 F-last, navy calf + navy scotchgrain shaft, all blind eyelets, flush metal toe-plates, close cut welt all around shoe (not just at waist)
Shouldaville - 5-blind eyelets balmoral short boots with short wing medallion cap, perforation around waist, size 43 F-last, Antique Cognac Shell Cordovan, double leather sole (photo reference)

Journeyman - wingtip brogue oxford, U-last + seamless heel
B Rad - wingtip brogue oxford, U-last, sole edge dyed Antic cognac, gold museum calf
Odd I/O - wingtip brogue oxford, size 43.5 F-last, dark brown calf, seamless heel counter.
Odd I/O - wingtip brogue oxford, size 43.5 F-last, antique cognac shell cordovan, seamless heel counter.
danielyam - brogue shoes

griffon_id - austerity brogue oxfords, size 40 K-last, Plum Museum calf, Flush metal toe-plates, double taping to single (Photo reference)
stgrim - austerity brogue oxford, size 42 U-last, brown museum calf
florschubert - austerity brogue oxford, F-last. suede leather, double soles + flush metal toe-taps
cbbuff - austerity brogue oxford, size 42 U-Last, brown museum calf, flush metal toe-plates

external party - Italian model 66. Italian oxford with cap-toe, size 41 F-last, burgundy in ltalian finish, close trim welt at waist + all leather sole/heel, single sole, 3-piece shoe trees (as shown in model 66 reference photo)
http://www.vass-cipo.hu/Eng/Modellek_08_Olasz/Modell_08_066_Nagy.html

jas0nt - Italian model 66. Italian oxford with cap-toe, U-last, oxblood calf

diadem - Italian model 63 oxford shoes, Left shoe: size 43.5 H-width, Right shoe: size 43 H-width, U-last, cognac boxcalf
armsignet - Italian plain toe oxford shoes, brogueing only around throat of shoes, size 41.5 U-last, Navy calf, single leather sole (photo reference)
laufer - Italian model 78 without medallion, size 44.5 F-last, Brown Museum calf, double soles tapering to single at the waist.
griffon_id - Italian cap-toe scalloped balmoral shoes, no brogueing. size 40 U-last, Gold Museum, Flush metal toe-plates, double taping to single (Photo reference)
pinkpanther - Italian cap-toe scalloped balmoral shoes, size 41 F-last, Gold museum calf, flush metal toe-plates + double tapering to single leather soles (photo reference)
pinkpanther- Italian balmoral shoes with medallion, size 41.5 U-last, black calf & black scotch grain (throat) + flush metal toe-plates + double tapering to single leather soles (photo reference)
JayH - Italian model 65 Old English II. size 43.5 F-Last, flush metal toe-plates. Italian polish + Brown Boxcalf (photo reference).
laufer - Italian model 65 Old English II. size 44.5 F-last, Cognac calf on single leather soles.
techaview - Italian model 65 Old English II, size 42 F-last, antic cognac calf, flush metal toe-plates, double taper to single sole.
Ironist - Italian model 65 Old English II, size 40 F-last, antique cognac calf
partyof6 - Italian model 65 Old English II, size 42 U-last, plum museum calf, double tapering to single leather sole
madridista - Italian cap-toe oxford shoes, No brogueing, F-last, dark brown calf (photo reference)
techaview - - Italian cap-toe oxford shoes, No brogueing, size 42 F-last, Gold museum calf, flush metal toe-plates + double taper to single leather sole (photo reference)
jaywhyy - Melton model 133, brogue cap toe with seamless back heel, F-last, mid-brown suede, flush metal toe-taps
madridista - Italian cap-toe oxford shoes semi brouge, F-last, saddle shell cordovan (photo reference)
mrbig - Italian model 71 Old English Plain oxfords. U-last, black calf
Robstrongo - Italian model 77 Old English, brogue without medallion, size 43 F-last, Antique cognac calf, Double sole tapering to single, Flush metal toe cap. (photo reference)
spectr3 - Modified model 65 Old English II, size 41.5 F-last + G-width, goyser stitching, shell cordovan - dark brown, double taper to single leather soles + topy, 3-piece shoe trees
FearAndLoathing - Italian model 65 Old English II. size 44.5 F-last, shell cordovan - whiskey, double taper to single leather soles, 3-piece shoe trees
glyoung - Modified model 65 Old English II with medallion, F-last, Antique cognac shell cordovan, flush metal toe-plates, double taper to single sole
brax - Modified model 52 Alt English Plain oxfords. 5 eyelets rather than 6, size 40.5 F-last, black calf, flush metal toe plates, close cut welt all around shoe (not just at waist).
brax - Model 127 French Oxford with Medallion. size 41 U-last , black calf with black suede on top, flush metal toe plates, close cut welt all around shoe (not just at waist).
brax - Italian model 78 oxfords with medallion. size 40.5 F-last, plum museum calf, flush metal toe-taps, close cut welt all around shoe (not just at waist)
madridista - Burlington model, captoe brogue oxfords with seamless heel, size 43.5 F-last, whiskey shell cordovan, double leather tapering to single sole (photo reference)

brax - Model 60 Wholecut. size 41 U-last, black calf, flush metal toe plates, close cut welt all around shoe (not just at waist).

Wallcloud - Italian model 117, v-cap oxford, black calf/cordovan
alco - Italian model 117, v-cap oxford, size 42.5 U-last, dark cognac calf + flush metal toes-taps.
63AMG - Italian model 117, v-cap oxford, size 44 U-last , Navy calf
stormin1 - Italian model 117, v-cap oxford, size 42.5 U-last, black calf + flush metal toes-taps
simian - Italian model 117, v-cap oxford, size 39.5 K-last, oxblood calf + flush metal toes-taps
Staffer18283 - Italian model 117, v-cap oxford, U-last, museum calf, leather sole + topy
j3r0m3 - Italian model 117, v-cap xford, size 43 U-last, oxblood calf

madridista - Theresianer captoe derby shoes, size 43.5 3636-last, single leather sole, brown shell cordovan
OzzyJones - Alt Wien derby shoes, size 42 Budapest-last, 360 degrees goyser stitching. Double leather soles + flush metal toe-plates, shell cordovan, 3 piece trees.
OzzyJones - Alt Wien derby shoes, size 42 Budapest-last, 360 degrees goyser stitching. Double leather soles + flush metal toe-plates, oxblood calf, 3 piece trees.
Francisco - Norweger, cognac scotch grain

Trini - Theresianer captoe high boots, P2 last, goyser stitching, double taper to single leather soles, oxblood calf.
jimhatzu -Theresianer captoe high boots +2 inches taller in boot shaft height, middle brown suede, size 43 K-last, double tapering to single leather soles + topys, flush metal toe-plates, 5 eyelets 4 speed hooks
SiegfriedFuerst - Theresianer captoe high boots +2 inches taller in boot shaft height, P2-last, shell cordovan - brown
joiji - Theresianer captoe high boots, size 44.5 F-last, black shell cordovan, double leather soles + flush metal toe-plates, 4 eyelets + 4 speed hooks

Shouldaville - Osloer high boots, size 43.5 P2-last, Whiskey Shell Cordovan, single leather sole, 5 eyelets 4 speed hooks
Raleightimes - Osloer high boots, P2-last, Whiskey or antic cognac Shell Cordovan, dainite soles, eyelets + 3 speed hooks

wklq76a - Austerity brogue blucher high boots, size 43.5 F-last, bordeaux shell cordovan, double leather sole + metal toe-taps, 9 metal eyelets

wklq76a - U-cap blucher high boots with no medallion, size 43.5 F-last, whiskey shell cordovan, double leather sole + metal toe-taps, 9 metal eyelets
stevent - U cap blucher high boot with no medallion, size 43 F-last / P2-last + G-width, goyser stitching, antique cognac or whiskey shell cordovan, 5 metal eyelets, 3 top speed hoots, double leather soles + flush metal toe taps, 3 piece trees

Flake - Budapest derby, size 43 F-last, double tapering to single leather soles + flush metal toe-plates, shell cordovan - antic cognac, 3-piece shoe trees
mimo - Budapest derby, size 43.5 Budapest-last, 360 goyser stitching, double leather soles + steel toe taps, shell cordovan - dark cognac
Ironist - Budapest derby, size 40 F-last, antique cognac shell cordovan or whiskey shell cordovan
partyof6 - Budapest model 02 derby, size 42 F-last, saddle shell cordovan (if saddle is unavailable, whiskey shell), double tapering to single leather sole

hentaisan - Cap-toe double Monks, size 41.5 U-last, shell cordovan - antic cognac, flush metal toe-plates
spectr3 - Cap-toe double Monks, size 41.5 F-last + G-width, goyser stitching, shell cordovan - cigar, double taper to single leather soles + topy, 3-piece shoe trees
Staffer18283 - Punched cap-toes double Monks, K Last, black calf + leather sole + topy
eightace - Cap-toe double Monks, size 41 F-last + G-width, seamless heel, gold museum calf

hentaisan - 5 eyelet London derby, size 41.5 F-last, Shell cordovan - whiskey, Goyser welt - Off_white colour stitiching, double tapering to single leather soles, sole edges in natural leather colour + flush metal toe-taps
nosrep123 - 3-Eyelet London derby, size 41.5 U-Last , Whisky Shell Cordovan, Single Sole,
nosrep123 - 3-Eyelet London derby, size 41.5 U-Last , Antique Cognac Shell Cordovan, Single Sole

madridista - Penny loafers, size 43.5, F-Last, single leather sole , whiskey shell cordovan
jimhatzu - Wholecut with "River" Medallion, size 43 K-last, flush metal toe-plates, Bordeaux Calf
Kaufebeen

@arahat

Thanks.

When the orders are detailed, Vass will be pricing our orders at the end of April/early May. From the looks of things, we should comfortably make the Vass group buy requirements.
The planned deadline for order settlement and payment is tentatively by the end of June.

For those who have not done so, please detail your orders.
Please specify your choice of last, leather and boots/shoes style along with any options you'd like to include (i.e. flush metal toe-plates, double tapering to single leather soles etc.).
For example:
alco - Italian v-cap oxford, size 42.5 U-last, dark cognac calf + metal toes-taps

Please try to detail your order by 30th April 2014. If you know your Vass size, please include it as well.

Last edited:

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Indeed and will shoe trees be included in the price of the orders.

Is there a sens from the previous GMTO order, perhaps, about what the pricing will be? I know that it will depend very much on the shoes ordered, but I'd like a better sense of the pricing, including shipping.

Maybe someone can point me to the details elsewhere.

Thanks.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well it looks like the Chukka will more than likely happen then, support looks good on that. How does payment work, all up front, or 50 now 50 later?

In any case, i will have my size for you by next week. I hope making an H width is not a problem...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads