STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.
Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.
Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!
Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by arahat, Nov 8, 2013.
Have heard back from Vass with the quotes.
Please check your PMs guys.
C'mon.... Christmas Bonus....
I am setting up a Vass shoes group buy with members in Australia, Singapore and New Zealand. Members from the other neighbouring countries who are interested, please PM me.
I have more details here from speaking to Vass. Will keep updating the thread as the propspective group buy firms up and/or more details come to hand.
We are apparently not restricted to only a few variations of last, style or leather although they would prefer if permutations were kept to a modest number.
It would be ideal if we can get at least about 12 orders to get a meaningful discount.
It should be much better than anything on retail (online or otherwise).
It should be competitive with the proxy sellers.
Nevertheless, depending on your order I am thinking it'll be around the low - mid 400s up to 500+ euros shipped. This includes the standard Vass shoe trees.
Please bear in mind, this is only my guess. Definitive pricing from Vass will be released to those in the group buy.
Details like boots orders, shell cordovan, using the K, U or F lasts etc. will also determine the price.
Estimated delivery date would be around April 2014. I am hoping to be in Budapest then.
No later than 23 Dec 2013 to finalise our orders with 17 Jan 2014 being the payment deadline.
I'll throw some ideas for the Vass shoes/boots and interested parties can chime in on their thoughts. I am thinking we should keep it to perhaps 3 or 4 style options (eg. chukka boots or Adelaide oxfords) with slight variations in last, width and leather?
Chukka boots for versitility.
Calf/Suede Adelaides or wingtips.
Austerity Wingtip or some other boots variation?
U-cap brogue derby shoes
1. arahat (F last, chukka boots with 1-inch higher in shaft height + double leather soles - navy scotchgrain, EU 41, G width)
2. JayH (U Last, Adelaide punched toe cap oxford shoes, Double sole tapered to single at waist, flush metal toe caps - Oxblood. EU 43.5)
3. pianan (F last, Austerity brogue oxford shoes + double soles tapering to single, flush metal toe tips - Gold museum calf - ilcea leather, EU 41.5)
4. nabilmust ((F-last, Chukka boots + double leather soles tapering to single - Red Brown Suede, EU 41)
5. nelseypants (U last, chukka boots with double leather sole + topy and metal toe plate - Antic cognac calf leather)
6. Kaufebeen (U-last, derby shoes with U-cap brogues with flush metal toe tips and double leather soles tapering to single - Gold musuem - ilcea leather, Italian finish, EU 43)
7. Sartorial Scum (F last, Wingtip brogue oxford shoes - Dark Cognac Boxcalf, EU 41.5)
8. PDub (F-last, Old English II + single Redenbach sole with metal toe tips - Antique cognac calf, EU 43.5)
9, iamalfie (U last, Italian oxford shoes with v-cap, Italian model 117 - Oxblood, EU 41)
10. external party (3636 last, brogue derby captoe shoes with double leather soles & flush metal toe tips - oxblood)
11. external (P2 last, plain toe boots with double leather soles + dainite soles - boxcalf, EU 41, G width)
Update to include time-frame revision and new list of orders.
Hope everyone's having a great start to the holidays.
If you haven't already, please let me know your finalised orders by Monday night, the 23rd Dec.
Some of the delivered orders.
Everyone clearly has good taste. I'd proudly wear any of the shoes pictured. I hope they all fit well and get much wear over the years. Well done all and many thanks Arahat!
Agreed - excellent choices. Very jealous of the boots.
Are you able to give an indication of how much some of these pairs cost in this batch? Cheers.
I would also like to be afforded the opportunity to rummage through my inbox as well. Thanks
Last of the deliveries.
Lovely. What colors are they? What lasts?
enticing... these Vass loafers are just that
Separate names with a comma.