• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

varvatos jack purcell: need help

dhinggok

Reaction score

velobran

Reaction score
Personally, I like the soil canvas color. You can probably wear them throughout the year, but I would say that depends on climate you live in.

baker

Reaction score
I have 3 pairs of jack purcells and the only thing i dont like about the varvatos is that the yellow on the rubber sole comes off really easily. They begin to look beat up pretty soon so if you are going for a nice shoe that you dont want to mess up i wouldn't get the varvatos. Otherwise be original everyone has the blue so go for the soil

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
saks off fifth outlet has these on sale for $49.95
the detroit locations has lots of them but mainly just black version and the off white version but i did see the occassional off colour as well

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone want a pair of olive purcell slip ons in 11?

p.trick

Reaction score
Both the cream and the soil would be nice depending on whichever better compliments what you normally wear. For instance, I probably wear dark denim days out of the week so the natural canvas would be a better choice as it provides higher contrast. On the other hand, the soil canvas would go nicely with khakis, dirty washed or green denim, and other earth tones.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I really like the first pair.

Also, I saw a picture of I think it was Tommy Lee wearing a pair of Jackie P's but with a red 'smile'. When I checked the customization i saw no option for a red smile. So I am wondering, were this varvatos from a few seasons ago, or vintage jacks? I was also curious if they might have been BF goodrich (or whoever owned jack purcell before converse).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads