• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Varvatos Cons at TJMAXX...

kakemono

Reaction score
im jealous of poeple with good tjmaxx's at thier disposal. The quality of clothes is highly dependant on store location - which means the chap mall brands are the good clothes iin mine

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I've never seen men's shoes at the TJM, and I hate going in them anyway because of the type of people typically in there (worse than thrift stores) and the extremely low yield for anything good.

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tj maxx has 'better' merchandise at certain locations

i know in the detroit area, there is one store at just south of birmingham which is the apparently designated higher ends goods one as it gets higher end fashion labels like prada, armani, ted baker, fred perry, and i've even run across some john smedley and paul smith on one occasion .....

but i'm with j, other than this one location, i don't really bother stopping in other tj maxx locations as there's usually nothing worthwhile and the stores are the worst mess in the world

freelance robotics

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hermes
tj maxx has 'better' merchandise at certain locations

i know in the detroit area, there is one store at just south of birmingham which is the apparently designated higher ends goods one as it gets higher end fashion labels like prada, armani, ted baker, fred perry, and i've even run across some john smedley and paul smith on one occasion .....

but i'm with j, other than this one location, i don't really bother stopping in other tj maxx locations as there's usually nothing worthwhile and the stores are the worst mess in the world

hmmm...birmingham is where peasant's storefront is located.

i think i'm going to need to get back on the job hunt, i feel a shopping spree coming on.
devil.gif

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
.... when you're done visiting brian and karissa at peasant, go west on west maple road to southfield road and take that south to 13 mile road - it's on the corner with the borders book store (i think the plaza is called "the corners" or something like that) - it's no more than a 10 minute drive

munkyballz

Reaction score
Never had any real luck at TJ Maxx around my area with nice stuff.

It's all about Ross around here, baby...lol.

mishon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TJMaxx is a hit or miss. Just a week ago, I bought a pair of Dunhill sterling silver cufflinks there for $25.

Reaction score
Chicago's TJMaxx is AWFUL. Filene's Basement can be hit or miss. TJMaxx in Chicago doesn't even have mens' shoes, I don't think.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads