1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros slim fit Japanese double rider MTO

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by LA Guy, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

The Junya is slimmer than the vanson

2. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

considering they haven't even posted as much as a size chart it's pretty much impossible to tell how it's going to fit.

3. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

source?

4. chenm0416

chenm0416 Senior member

5. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

They have said several times something along the lines that the junya fit is too slim so my assumption that it will be bigger. Either that or sizing is graded that a M with the thurston model is closer to an L with the junya.

6. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

This. The Junya ones ran a size small, so Junya L = Daredevil M. The Daredevil fit also brings in the shoulders a little, so the Daredevil M would fit similar to the Junya L but with slimmer shoulders.

7. diniro

diniro Senior member

I don't think the junya ran a size small. Mine is S and I'm s/46 in everything. I also don't think it's too slim. I'm getting this vanson in size S, which imo should fit a little better with smaller shoulders and slightly more cropped.

8. HeavenResign

HeavenResign Senior member

I think it's more like typical vanson sizing runs big and they're adjusting the size grading to be more in line with that versus the junya. Idk even when the complete size charts come out as far as I know there aren't full size charts for the junya. Thurston has said time and time again the fit and pattern is the same, and after the prototype the shoulders are being brought in. The half sizes being offered and the size grading itself (xxs xs s etc) is the difference

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  9. rbnman

rbnman Senior member

We can settle this by diniro measuring his Junya jacket and then comparing against the sf x vanson when size charts come out.

10. AeroleathersTB

AeroleathersTB Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Our jacket (Daredevil) is the same fit as the Junya (aka Derby), except that we slimmed down the shoulders. The Daredevil is scheduled to ship to us on Monday...we'll post up the detailed measurements once it arrives!

2 people like this.
  11. Stillmaticbeat

Stillmaticbeat Senior member

and fit pics

1 person likes this.
  12. smashwindow

smashwindow Senior member

Can't wait to get this thing in the mail finally.

13. milosh

milosh Senior member

I just hope the final version fits me

14. chenm0416

chenm0416 Senior member

Can't wait! Really hope these shipped out today.

15. AeroleathersTB

AeroleathersTB Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Well, it's going to be Friday before they ship out...we were told last week that the flu had hit some of the staff at Vanson, so shipping was slow (for our other orders). Now it's hit the production team and it's slowing down the final stages of production on the Daredevil. We will post an update once we've actually seen the tracking number...

16. boxdok

boxdok Senior member

The amount of delays in this jacket is ridiculous.

17. chenm0416

chenm0416 Senior member

You clearly have not been in the TOJ thread.

18. BeraQueezy

BeraQueezy Senior member

two separate matters fella

19. kvgx22

kvgx22 Well-Known Member

Just read through the WHOLE thread. Can't wait for a size chart! Black + Red Japanese Floral.

20. djdanniedee

djdanniedee Well-Known Member

Spent the past 2 days reading this entire thread from beginning till end and glad i did! Been looking for a double rider for the past 2 months and seriously thought about buying a TOJ spot from someone, glad i didn't! Can't decide whether i'm want the daredevil or get the Vanson Derby but with the daredevil fit.... first world problems!

1 person likes this.