1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros slim fit Japanese double rider MTO

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by LA Guy, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

Please add waist suppression to the back panel ala the junya leather.

2. AeroleathersTB

AeroleathersTB Senior member Affiliate Vendor

It will probably be about 3 weeks, but that would be the ideal! We'll have a better idea next week and we'll give a new update at that time...

3. AeroleathersTB

The design for the stock Daredevil has already gone through the final prototype phase...any changes to the design would have to done through a custom order!

4. chenm0416

chenm0416 Senior member

How much extra will it cost to customize one of these again?

5. rbnman

rbnman Senior member

What does this waist suppression look like?

6. AeroleathersTB

We were busy yesterday and I didn't answer your question correctly! The Junya and the Daredevil have the same amount of waist suppression--they are the same base model. Once the Daredevils come through production, we'll post up the exact measurements for this area of the jacket (in addition to other detailed measurements).

7. AeroleathersTB

It will depend on what custom changes are requested...it could be anything from a different liner to changing the sleeve length to changing the taper of the torso! The range is $50-$250 extra, based on the variety of custom options customers have asked us about.

8. JilSlander

JilSlander Senior member

Wow, just saw this mentioned in the TOJ topic.

I'll have to read through this topic.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  9. chenm0416

chenm0416 Senior member

10. AeroleathersTB

They are in production right now--I just asked Vanson for an update and I'll post it here as soon as I get it!

11. AeroleathersTB

Vanson has confirmed that the Daredevils will be shipping to us next week! As soon as we receive them, we'll be in touch with everyone who pre-ordered. We'll also post up detailed measurements as well as what sizes are still available for immediate purchase...

4 people like this.
  12. rbnman

rbnman Senior member

Will detailed measurements include the in between sizes such as SM & ML?

13. AeroleathersTB

Absolutely! These will be important sizes and we want to make sure all information is available to make ordering easy...

14. rbnman

rbnman Senior member

Looking forward to it [​IMG]

New detailed photos would also be appreciated, hopefully one with the Japanese floral lining so we can see how the concept turns out.

15. AeroleathersTB

Will do! Can't wait to get our hands on them...

16. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

Currently waiting on a TOJ Double Rider, as well as an A2, and a Moto 2011. In the meantime, decided to hit the gym and am getting much bigger. Been a bit disappointed lately as I've had difficulty finding anything that looks as nice as TOJ/Drew's stuff, but I think this jacket will fit the DR whole nicely. The best thing that TOJ had going for it was the fit, so hopefully I can get as good a fit with this. Now to find an A2 as nice. I'm curious to see @LA Guy 's planned moto jacket from Johnson I believe. Hopefully I can still buy both at the end of next year.

1 person likes this.
  17. rbnman

rbnman Senior member

Toj fit is only good as the measurements you provide them. Their manufacturing of jackets is also quite inconsistent. Just look at the gallery closely. Their 2013 dr collar sizes vary from customer to customer. Some customers have massive collars which I think is wrong. the wool ma-1 modelled by Drew has a full placket and then gets changed to start 2 inches lower from top collar. The channel quilt on bcdr from the collar to shoulder should lay horizontal and then run vertical from shoulder down the arm. It now runs vertical everywhere.

You are basically taking a punt with toj.
    I'm looking forward to the consistency that vanson should bring.

18. HeavenResign

HeavenResign Senior member

Also if diniro's fit is any indicator it should be spot on when sized correctly, especially with the half sizes which I wish more brands would offer, at least on an mto basis

19. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Diniro's fit is for the Junya which IIRC isn't as slim as the SF x Vanson jacket.

20. HeavenResign

HeavenResign Senior member

It should be just as slim, just with slightly smaller shoulders I thought?