• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros slim fit Japanese double rider MTO

AeroleathersTB

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Can i order the daredevil? If so can you post what the measurements are for the size runs.

For the larger shoulder-to-shoulder, order the standard Daredevil. For the slim shoulder-to-shoulder, order the Slimfit Daredevil.

AeroleathersTB

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Can you post measurements please. I wear a 38/40 and my chest measures 20.5, shoulders 17.5.

The Measurements on the Standard Size Small Daredevil are:

41.5" Chest
19" Shoulder
37" Waist
*This is the standard Junya sizing

The Slimfit Daredevil in Size Small will be the same, but with a Shoulder measurement of 17"

AeroleathersTB

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'll have to ask, but I think that this jacket will have the specs of the sample. I don't think that they want to sell the other version (shorter arms and tighter shoulders) without the sample coming in first, which is prudent. Also, the Styleforum one will the the Japanese floral lining. Making these samples costs real money. I expect that @Thurston Bros figured that some of their core customers would like a jacket that is a but closer to a typical moto jacket. My aero is a size 38, but with shorter arms and a slightly longer body, than usual. And I am not a guy with short arms. In fact, my slightly longer than usual wingspan is pretty much my only advantage in my otherwise lousy boxng. The arms are made for being stretched over a racer. Of course, I'll have to confirm that tomorrow. I think that the name is okay. But then, Daredevil is one of my favorite superheroes, so I may be biased.

Incidentally, we sent the sample off to @Synthese (yeah, that lucky bastard) who will do some fit modeling for us when he gets back from wherever he is right now. Please keep in mind that he is taller than average (about 6'1" or so, I think), and is an ex-college athlete, and has a more athletic shape than most of us, so please keep that in mind. Most of us (myself included) will not have the same angular and wider shoulders as does he.

How did the fit work out?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How did the fit work out?
Heh. We don't know yet. Unfortunately, USPS screwed us, as you know. The jacket is in safe hands though, back at his place, but he has yet to try it on. When he is back on these shores, I'm sure he'll tell me.

Cheers,

Fok.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

41.5" Chest
19" Shoulder
37" Waist

but a size down from junya, right? (i.e. those measurements equate to the junya model in sz M and the standard daredevil in sz Small)

The Slimfit Daredevil in Size Small will be the same, but with a Shoulder measurement of 17"

no waist adjustment to the slim daredevil? (i.e. no other measurements change on the same model size other than 2" down across the shoulders)

Last edited:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

41.5" Chest
19" Shoulder
37" Waist

Please tell me 41.5 is the whole jacket or centimeters...

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure that's the chest circumference in inches.

AeroleathersTB

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
but a size down from junya, right? (i.e. those measurements equate to the junya model in sz M and the standard daredevil in sz Small)
no waist adjustment to the slim daredevil? (i.e. no other measurements change on the same model size other than 2" down across the shoulders)

If you're a M in Junya, you're a S in this sizing... The waists are pretty good on the Junya jackets...take a look around...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads