1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros slim fit Japanese double rider MTO

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by LA Guy, Apr 19, 2014.

1. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

"Will probably be" i took to mean "what people will mostly do," and we've already heard we can add the belt back on, among other things.

2. AeroleathersTB

AeroleathersTB Senior member Affiliate Vendor

You can add, delete, and rearrange...as long as it's going to look good! Most changes are to be had for under $250.00 USD on custom builds...

3. AeroleathersTB

Quilting is no problem! However, Vanson doesn't do shearling liners...

4. AeroleathersTB

We have tan and black in the Waxed Cotton. The cost is $599.99 USD and the same Z150 fit jackets can be used (same fit)....

5. SloppyJoes

SloppyJoes Senior member

Was going to do this yesterday but... Giants... [​IMG]

Anyways, I received my fit jacket yesterday and had a chance to try it on.

This is a size L (slim version).

First 3 pictures are with it unzipped, 2nd 3 are zipped

(sorry for the black jacket on black t-shirt... makes it hard to see where the lines end.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I need some help/suggestions with the body. Waist is definitely too big and the jacket is possibly slightly too short but I'm not sure how much to adjust for each.

Also, I was planning on getting this in dark brown color. Any suggestions? Or does someone know the post that shows the different leathers available for upgrade?

For reference, using TOJ's method for measurements,

I'm 6'1", 185lbs,
    Shoulders: 18"-18.5"
    Chest: 41", 42"
    Midsection: 32"-33"
    Waist: 34"-35"

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  6. magicalporks

magicalporks Senior member

Whoa whoa whoa. Wasn't really interested in getting another leather, but if waxed cotton is an option...

What's the fabric/weight like on those?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  7. rbnman

rbnman Senior member

hi, could you also measure the jacket using TOJ method? (http://johncoppidge.tumblr.com/howtoorder). It would serve as a great reference point.

- length - take full body shot with shoes on to determine if its too short or long
    - shoulders look fine
    - chest looks fine. Could be trimmed a bit if you prefer
    - sleeves could be ever so slightly slimmer
    - waist - agree with you. Needs to be taken in.

8. rbnman

rbnman Senior member

9. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

i'd add enough length that it goes down to end at the top of your coin pocket. everything else looks good--the sleeves look maybe .5" long, but i expect they'll shorten a little once the sleeves on your final jacket get creased up. and once it's longer, the waist size may not be a problem anymore, and you've got those strap adjusters you can slim it down with anyway.

10. Surferbruce

Surferbruce Member

I'd add 2 inches to the length, taper the waist an inch or two and call it good. I like the sleeve length. Upper back could lose a little too, but it depends on how you want it fit.

11. Surferbruce

Surferbruce Member

Vanson' Octagon brown is amazing btw...

12. chenm0416

chenm0416 Senior member

I thought we could only change body and sleeve length. Are we able to change width?

13. SloppyJoes

SloppyJoes Senior member

Slim Daredevil Size L:

Take these with a grain of salt.

Shoulders: 18"
    Pit to Pit: between 22.25"
    Midsection: 21"
    Waist: 22"
    Front Length: 22.5"
    Back Length: 25.75"
    Sleeve Length: 26"
    Sleeve Width @ bicep 7"
    Sleeve Width @ elbow: 7"
    Sleeve Width @ cuff: 5" (zipped)

14. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I would go down to a ML, or even a M, and lengthen the jacket just a bit. Incidentally, what you call your "midsection" is actually your natural waist, The 34-35" is are your hips. Or, if you have wide shoulders and slimmer hips, you might even go for the M in the non-slim version, which has winder shoulders for the same body.

15. SloppyJoes

SloppyJoes Senior member

Yes you're right. I was calling it whatever TOJ calls it. They call the hip area "waist" and the waist area "mid section".

http://johncoppidge.tumblr.com/howtoorder

It's a bit confusing... wasn't sure which one others are more familiar with so I just said TOJ measurements.

I think my main issue is the bottom of my rib cage sticks out more than normal so when I stand up straight, it kind of lifts up the front part of the jacket... which makes it seem shorter than it really is.

16. rbnman

rbnman Senior member

Cheers. In the off chance we are able to adjust widths, waist could come down 20.5-20.75". For your height, front length of 23-23.25" should be plenty. But length is a very personal thing.

LA guys recommendation to come down to ML sounds good. You might get a slimmer waist by going down a size but you will also end up with slimmer chest and shoulders. Do you have space in those areas to come down? It might start to compromise on comfort.

17. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Not exactly sure what's going on in this thread but who do I have to pay to get this - [​IMG]

18. AeroleathersTB

This is the Portland jacket...it's $769.99 USD and there's a 3 month wait for it...if you'd like to purchase this, you can give us a call at (206) 550-3545 and we can get you going with a Vanson fit jacket to verify your sizing...

19. AeroleathersTB

We wanted to post the new Aero Slimfit Ridley up here. This jacket is available now with liner choices in excess of 700! This jacket is available in all of our leathers, including our Italian Vicenza horsehide and our Horween CXL Front Quarter Horsehide

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. phyills

phyills Well-Known Member

hey @Thurston Bros any word on how size grading is going? I'm just getting antsy :)