1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros slim fit Japanese double rider MTO

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by LA Guy, Apr 19, 2014.

1. AeroleathersTB

AeroleathersTB Senior member Affiliate Vendor

The Vanson Daytona is available now... You can order it without the detailing and Vanson Ovals on the sleeves...

[​IMG]

2. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

@LA Guy, @Thurston Bros

Can you guys help me understand how long will it be until:
    1. i can order the jacker?
    2. I will actually get the jacket?

3. Jrdunno

Jrdunno Member

I'm hoping to get a jacket with Japanese slim fit. Is it possible to have this jacket custom fitted?

4. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

I'm 145-ish. Pretty damn skinny. :embar:

I do get most of my stuff size M here in Japan. Very conflicted on what size to get.

Last edited: May 12, 2014
  5. chobochobo

chobochobo Senior member Moderator

I have the Junya x Vanson moto in M. I'm a 40R suit size but my chest has gotten a bit bigger with P90X type exercise, and a bit more belly than I prefer. I can still suck it in and zip up the moto, but I normally wear it open (I say normally, but I only got this jacket recently).

6. DeadDJ

DeadDJ Senior member

I agree with you based on experience, but do you happen to know why?

My assumptions (all guesses): this jacket body will have 6 major pieces - front left, front right, two side panels, and two back panels. It seems like the side panels are most important to shape the jacket. Those side panels allow you to cut the back in the "v" shape, then shape the sides to curve into the body, instead of having a jacket that falls like a sack. If any of that is right, how does splitting the back piece in half help slim the jacket more than the same back shape in one piece? A friend has a slim Schott Perfecto that uses the single back piece (with side panels).

7. AeroleathersTB

We'll have the first prototype sample in 3-4 months...we can then take orders. Orders will take 3-4 months to fill...

8. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Would of been nice for anyone to mention this at the beginning. A 6 month wait for a jacket is quiet a long time.

9. AeroleathersTB

A 6 month wait is very short for Vanson...2 years ago, the wait for Vanson was 18 months!

10. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

Are you collaborating with TOJ?

1 person likes this.
  11. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

From your standpoint its short for me 6 months is a lifetime when I can get something much faster. I am not blaming you guys or anything but I do wish you'd mention this earlier. The thread started on April 19, 2014 and I only now find out that its a 6-8 month wait.

12. hangten

hangten Senior member

still onboard even with the expected wait time. @Thurston Bros - what is your impression of the Vanson Battleship grey and Pearl Grey? do you have any pics of jackets in these colors? This will be the color of my choice as I will reserve black for a moto.

13. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Guys, we're creating a whole new body, prototyping it so that we can work out the kinks, and then sending it into production as MTO/MTM. To put things into perspective, for a fashion line, from when the line is ready for the showroom (and at that stage, all the samples have been made, size grading done, etc...), to the stage when production is finished and goods hit the store, we're looking at a 7 month period. We are doing the design (this is what this thread was for), prototyping, and getting the thing out, in the same time. We are bringing you guys a jacket at a fraction of the price of fashion jackets of the same caliber, and that was designed with your participation, from one of the most storied motorcycle jacket companies in the world. I can't think of anyone else doing this. It's a pretty unique opportunity.

Yes, there are small outfits that can do a faster job, but they are either working on small scales, or have their production line configured to accommodate MTM/MTO, and unless you are there in person and have an experienced person to provide guidance, in person, like @Mr. Moo was, and/or have a fair bit of experience designing garments, I don't recommend this route. What @Thurston Bros is offering to us is a jacket without compromise. I mean, if you really want, you can upgrade the leather to something that is way better than anything that Junya ever used, and the total price will still be less than 1/2 of the Junya jacket, at the most favorable exchange rate.

I'm hoping that we can bring these jackets in for this coming winter season.

4 people like this.
  14. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Grey.... My favorite color next to blue. I am going to try something new though... What does Vanson have in terms of dark olive?

1 person likes this.
  15. hangten

hangten Senior member

16. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

British Racing Green is the greatest green of all time.

1 person likes this.
  17. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Somebody should get the jacket in Wine

I might do it [​IMG]

18. js0930

js0930 Senior member

I still regret not getting a TOJ in bottle green. So in for British Racing Green. :slayer: Any pictures of Vansons in that color?

19. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Considering this project is being designed, not just made to measure from a template body, 6-8 months is a good time frame. Do you guys really want a super heavy leather jacket for the summer season? These things are warm

1 person likes this.
  20. Venser

Venser Senior member

I'm kinda loling here at @sinnedk 's reaction to the wait time. Like, what could you possibly expect?

I'm a fan of more traditional colours myself, though.

4 people like this.