Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by LA Guy, Apr 19, 2014.
Liking the chrome hard wear idea
This is getting interesting.
I'm not worried about your jacket, I'm worried about how it scales down You know how many of those trad brand look pretty good on a size 40-42 but stupid on a 34-36.
I feel you. However, the ultraslim fit was developed for the Japanese market, and if you look on the net, there are SS sizes shown. I am a 38-40, and would take the L in the ultraslim fit, which means that you wouldn't even be at that small a size. You would be 2 sizes down, so a S in the ultraslim.
Re. hardware. I think that we'll do the standard chrome hardware. The idea is to have a Vanson that is slimmed down to fit fashion people, not to make something that is unrecognizable as a Vanson. The reason that designers go to traditional companies like Vanson is that there is something honest about those designs. Taking something highly functional as the starting point is a really attractive proposition for many designers.
I might hop on this train... really wish bison were an option.
vanson is about a 2-3 hour drive for me, I wonder if it'd be worth the effort to check them out
The Junya look really tight fit in motion. I think it should also be noted that the fit photos are with the zip partially zipped as far as I can tell.
I'd hope it's full rider jacket with coin pocket and belt or without either like Seenmys. Chrome hardware sounds nice.
Here are my thoughts (which aren't far off from Fuuma's).
1) no belt, no belt loops, and no coin pocket on lower abdomen - No belt, would like to do single or double side adjusters. No coin pocket on lower abdomen.
2) angled left forearm coin pocket, angled on forearm like it is on the VAJ-3 bicep - I'd prefer a coin pocket at the bicep if we're even considering pockets along the sleeves. Not really into a forearm pocket.
3) 5-5.5 inch chest pocket with 7 inch handwarmer pockets; chest pocket angled like on Aero 1930s Half Belt - Ok
4) no dropped back, back cut straight across - I'm not sure I understand yet what a "dropped back" is. Is that like a "scalloped" hem?
5) leather toggles (like on VAJ-3) on all exterior pocket ring pulls - I'm with Fuuma: big fat zipper pulls please. No leather.
6) no interior pockets - One interior pocket inside the left breast.
7) black rayon liner - Ok
8) Z150 leather - Ok
9) nickel hardware - Silver or gunmetal would be best in my opinion.
10) please construct jacket with throat latch - nooooooooooo
11) please construct jacket snap-on / snap-off black mouton fur collar - nah
12) double-ended main zipper - yah
13) standard Vanson label - SFxVanson seems to be the most reasonable, but I also like the idea of something stupid and kitschy like "Style Van der Forum," "Not a Watanabe," or "Lil Fokker" being written on the label.
14) Ultra slimfit Japanese Fit with model C "action" back - I'm not sure what the "action" back is, but in terms of fit I think that this would work pretty well. @LA Guy do you think you'd have the opportunity to try on this model to see how it fits? I'm a muscly guy, but I still want something with a slim silhouette like
and not like
15) size Large for prototype - sure
i am in agreement on most points as well
Thewho13, action back means shoulder gussets.
@Brian SD mocked this up for us. The proposed jacket will be on the ultra slim body. Cheers,
Nice. Very similar to the ToJ minimalist DR, right?
Is that a clasp on the bottom? I like that if so, it's a good compromise
Separate names with a comma.