1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros slim fit Japanese double rider MTO

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by LA Guy, Apr 19, 2014.

1. sinnedk

sinnedk Well-Known Member

You know this is not the first time i notice you come into a thread without truly knowing what is going on and being critical. Please follow the thread and read before posting a comment which is simply not true or accurate. Had you been following you would know the below:

1. Jacket is not designed by me. The lead is mostly Fok and he was kind enough to listen to some of my input.
    2. It will easily fit a body type just order the correct size. FYI the sizing is based of a Vanson jacket which is slim fit.
    3. It is not a 1k jacket unless you get it in horse hide which is what we are discussing. You can easily get the jacket for around $650 in a different leather.
    4. Upon request you can get the jacket made in a different leather which is what will drive up the cost.

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

People, stop bickering. The jacket that we mocked up looks a lot like the jacket in the first post, with the belt taken out, and single side adjusters instead. We took out the front coin pocket for balance, and moved the arm pocket to the bicep. As for all these jackets, there are arm zips (there are arm zips on the Junya versions as well. These jackets just don't function without. You couldn't get your hand through the sleeve. We are probably going with an ultraslim body.

3. Brian SD

Brian SD Well-Known Member

Fok do you already have a mock-up? I can draw one up for you if you PM me the details.

1 person likes this.
  4. basil rathbone

basil rathbone Well-Known Member

I can also mock shit up in photoshop if I have some okay images and clear instructions to work with. Use it daily for work. Also a pro photog, so send me the any future samples to shoot [​IMG]

Last edited: May 5, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  5. chobochobo

chobochobo Well-Known Member

Interested to see how this turns out.

BTW I'm wearing my Junya x Vanson moto as I type this :)

6. Luc-Emmanuel

Luc-Emmanuel Well-Known Member

I'm relieved, I thought you could barely move your arms in the junya jacket given how ultraslimltight it's supposed to be ;)
    !luc

7. Tuma

Tuma Well-Known Member

There's like three people being active in this thread who will fit in the ultra slim body if it means what I think it means. Sizing charts would help to understand the fit better.

8. Brian SD

There are pics on page 18, we're not going much slimmer than that, just removing some of the excess around the upper portion. The armholes are staying the same.

9. Fuuma

Fuuma Well-Known Member

See my comments in CAPS above.

Last edited: May 6, 2014
    8 people like this.
  10. Brian SD

We definitely need a second label in there, not just the standard Vanson tag. I'm down for belt or belt-less - whatever the rest decide on.

11. Fuuma

Fuuma Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, I want my size to have sleeves that aren't too long and same for body. Not looking for a Rick look.

12. KingJulien

KingJulien Well-Known Member

@fuuma that's 100% what I was thinking. I'd prefer the belt, fat zipper pulls, and an all-rayon black liner, and chrome hardware (not gunmetal) is a must.

Also: are the cuff zippers going on the back or the front/side?

13. LA Guy

Well, you're in luck then. The arms on the fit jacket are none too long - right on my friend, and way too short on me, though on me, the fact that it was way too small everywhere, and therefore pulled up on me, played a part.

14. LA Guy

Gonna cut out the belt so that it can be worn open more easily. Cuff zippers follow the seam of the arm.

15. hangten

hangten Well-Known Member

This all sounds interesting maybe in battleship grey or pearl grey.

16. sinnedk

sinnedk Well-Known Member

Liking the chrome hard wear idea :slayer:

17. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial

This is getting interesting.

18. Fuuma

Fuuma Well-Known Member

I'm not worried about your jacket, I'm worried about how it scales down :p You know how many of those trad brand look pretty good on a size 40-42 but stupid on a 34-36.

1 person likes this.
  19. LA Guy

I feel you. However, the ultraslim fit was developed for the Japanese market, and if you look on the net, there are SS sizes shown. I am a 38-40, and would take the L in the ultraslim fit, which means that you wouldn't even be at that small a size. You would be 2 sizes down, so a S in the ultraslim.

Re. hardware. I think that we'll do the standard chrome hardware. The idea is to have a Vanson that is slimmed down to fit fashion people, not to make something that is unrecognizable as a Vanson. The reason that designers go to traditional companies like Vanson is that there is something honest about those designs. Taking something highly functional as the starting point is a really attractive proposition for many designers.

2 people like this.
  20. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Well-Known Member

I might hop on this train... really wish bison were an option.