1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros Japanese slim fit Japanese moto jacket MTO

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by hangten, May 20, 2014.

1. AeroleathersTB

AeroleathersTB Senior member Affiliate Vendor

If we do a multi-panel back, we'll be able to get a more fitted jacket...

2. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

oh yeah, do you have a pic or mock of what the "daytona" like model looks like? I was unaware there was another group buy on that,

3. AeroleathersTB

Here's a good photo:

[​IMG]

The Daytona Group buy is for a group here in Seattle, WA... We'd be glad to get a StyleForum buy going...we just need to know what StyleForum wants...

4. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

IC... SO we can slant the hand warmer pockets more on the bottom, bring the hand warmer pockets in a bit closer, remove the white stripes and Vanson logos, extend middle zipper to not have that gap and we pretty much have what we want, right @Distorbiant?

5. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

What makes the jacket desirable for me is the pocket placement and exposed front zipper.

How different do those design elements have to be from the Junya design?

6. Distorbiant

I don't know if it's that simple. There's a bit of nuance involved here with all the details working in tandem.

The Daytona has rear-facing cuff zippers, some extra leather around the front zip, and a placket underneath. It also has an extra underside snap for the collar compared to the Junya.

I'm more of a visual person so I'd need to see some mock-ups before I can honestly say that it's something I like.

7. burghler

burghler Senior member

What is the appeal of a one-piece back? I'm not trying to be antagonistic. I'm genuinely curious as I saw some interest in it for the double rider mto as well.

8. HeavenResign

HeavenResign Senior member

I'm completely on board with distorb when it comes to for me what makes the jacket is the placement of the four zippers and the details working in tandem. I like the bicep zipper but I'm willing to compromise on that if it's an unpopular option. In terms of the body it seems reasonable that like the double rider we can get the super slim body and typical slim fit sleeves? I think it was noted for both of these junya jackets the sleeves were too slim for most people considering the non lamb skin leather. I know I'm a little wishy washy about the double rider since I just got a 626 but if this collab turns out to be fruitful I'm 90% sure I'm in.

I also don't mean to be antagonistic but I'm not sure why we're having the single piece back convo in both threads. I like simple and clean lines too but once you begin compromising fit for it I not only disagree with that philosophy but I think it misses the point of these collabs: to have a super slim fitting junya inspired vanson jacket that perhaps even improves on the original design

9. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Basically heaven said it right. I like a clean look on the back and was hoping to have the minimal amount of seams. But if it compromises the fit then we can forget it.

1 person likes this.
  10. Distorbiant

Some back designs to consider:

Minimalist 2-piece back w/kidney panels (TOJ Original Moto)
    [​IMG]

2-piece back w/ lower back panel (MMM 5-zip)
    [​IMG]

Yoke, Split Back, lower back panel, cinches, action back. (Junya x Vanson Moto)
    [​IMG]

Vanson Enfield
    [​IMG]

Also, do we want front-facing or back-facing cuff zippers?

11. AeroleathersTB

This would be do-able, but we may want to add some StyleForum flare....

12. AeroleathersTB

Having a StyleForum member who could work in a graphics program or photoshop would be invaluable to getting us going with this...

13. AeroleathersTB

On our end of things, we really like the way multi-paneled backs look! Add to that the better fit, and they're a WIN!

14. HeavenResign

HeavenResign Senior member

Yeah I think I like the 2-piece back with the lower back panel best, distorb showed it on the mmm but here it is on a vanson daytona which he posted earlier. i'm assuming we don't want the shoulder gussets which this model has i'm guessing it'd look the same just no gussets?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  15. AeroleathersTB

Here's the same back style, but on an Aero Board Racer....the lower back panel is slightly smaller...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

whatcha got in mind?

17. AeroleathersTB

Something like diamond-quilting on the shoulders and elbows could be cool, but it would also limit the the appeal...

[​IMG]

Features like yokes, faux kidney panels, split backs, action backs, sleeve gusset zip placement, and toll pockets can add to (or take away from!) a cool design...

1 person likes this.
  18. chobochobo

chobochobo Senior member Moderator

Nice work. I think mine is #1.

19. Tuma

Tuma Senior member

The diamond quilting looks terrible imo.

2 people like this.
  20. Distorbiant

we need @LA Guy 's masterful input imo.

(overall, not for diamond quilting)

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014