1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros Japanese slim fit Japanese moto jacket MTO

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by hangten, May 20, 2014.

1. hangten

hangten Senior member

This is exactly the fit I want after all this is supposed to be a slim fit jacket that is typically not available from Vanson. If the DR goes well I will definitely be in for the cafe race in a slim fit like the junya.

2. AeroleathersTB

AeroleathersTB Senior member Affiliate Vendor

We need a photoshop pro to design a StyleForum Cafe' Racer that people will want...we have the fit, but how do StyleForum members want the cafe' racer to look?

3. bokhan

bokhan Senior member

Wow, what model is this jacket?

4. Dairy Phobic

Dairy Phobic Senior member

would the standard cut have something like 18.5-19" shoulders and a 22" chest? and still be slim in the body and sleeves? :D
    this cut looks like it has pretty wide shoulders with a slim fit, which cut is this? I thought slim fits meant narrower torso with the same width shoulders relatively, if you downsize both the shoulders and chest measurement, isn't that basically just a smaller size with extended lengths?

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  5. bokhan

bokhan Senior member

I'm in for as close to the Junya cafe as possible. Don't really care how the lining looks.

6. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

+ 1, would like to know as well. Exact specs but maybe in slim fit?

7. AeroleathersTB

This is the Vanson Enfield. Shown is the standard fit. It's available in tight fit as well. Standard fit is $599.99 USD and tight fit is $649.99 USD. Both are very nice and available through Insurrection / Thurston Bros. here in the United States.

8. AeroleathersTB

Yes, those measurements would be a standard fit, not a slimfit.

The fit shown is the japanese slimfit, which is the very slimmest of Vanson's fits...

Slimfits size down the shoulders and the chest for a "straighter" pattern. Slimfits also decrease bicep circumference quite a bit...

9. AeroleathersTB

Tight fit Enfield jackets are available now! They're a Tight Fit Model B with a collar...shoulder-to-shoulder is and chests are smaller than standard....

Here's the tight fit Model B... Price on both the Tight Fit Model B and Tight Fit Enfield is $649.99 USD. Japan orders a lot of these!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On tight fit models we need the split back to fit the body better...

10. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

damn this is gonna kill my wallet

1 person likes this.
  11. Vordhosbn1

Vordhosbn1 Active Member

I think the Daytona Model would provide a good base design with the following adjustments:
    1: Curved/Slanted Snap back collar (Vaj3/continental comet)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2: Full front length double zip to hem (Vaj3/model b) - Visible (a) and not concealed (b)
    a[​IMG]b [​IMG][​IMG]
    3: Front facing sleeve zips
    4: Remove the placket and arm stripes
    5: Chest and hand warmer pockets as seen on the Junya
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    A cursory edit of the Junya to meet this design. (removed forearm-elbow panel & bicep zip)
    [​IMG]

12. AeroleathersTB

I agree with all of this...however, do we want the Super Japanese Slimfit of the DR or the slimfit of the Daytona? Here's a look at the standard slimfit...

[​IMG]

13. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Too many cooks in the kitchen.

6 people like this.
  14. Jrdunno

Jrdunno Member

Voting for Super Japanese Slimfit .. [​IMG]

15. asaa1000

asaa1000 Senior member

Slim fit of the Daytona looks good, but I think higher armholes and slimmer arms would look better.

16. johanm

johanm Senior member

Is there any way to get the "super slimfit" on sleeves, but just a moderately slim fit on the torso? Personally I feel like the main problem with standard Vanson patterns are the baggy sleeves.

17. AeroleathersTB

It's usually a good idea to go with standard fit or slimfit. Remember that we always want to keep a jacket looking proportional; therefore, it's a good idea to keep the bicep and forearm circumferences in proportion to the trunk circumference... Does this make sense?

18. johanm

johanm Senior member

I understand the argument, but I disagree - don't think Vanson's standard patterns are very attractive, don't really like baggy arms or sausage-casing tightness in the torso. If it's not possible to get a combo of slim arms and trim but not tight torso, no worries, will just continue to enjoy my TOJs.

19. AeroleathersTB

The body and sleeve combo that you'd like would be models such as the Tight Fit Model B, Tight Fit Enfield, Tight Fit Model C, VAJ-3, Daytona, etc. I've attached a photo of the slimfit Daytona below...you can order these jackets with any modifications that you'd like...just give us a call...

www.thurston-bros.com

www.insurrectionperformance.com

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: May 23, 2014
  20. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

That jacket is pretty cool. If you angle the zips a bit different, remove the white stripes and all vanson logos then you have that Junya moto. I assume the zipper can be extended as well so it doesn't have that break in the bottom area.