1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Vanson jacket fit help

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mikeway2000, Jul 6, 2014.

1. mikeway2000

mikeway2000 Active Member

Could you please help me with the fit for this Vanson jacket? I'm 5'9" / 137 lbs and the jacket is size 36. The jacket looks a bit loose from the back and slightly long, to my eyes. This would be for non-riding use. The jacket was ordered from Thurston Bros and they have offered to exchange to another one.

Shall I go down to size 34 and shorten the body and sleeve length (1/2 to 1 inch)?

Would very much appreciate your feedback. Thank you!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

you should've posted in the leather jacket thread, but yeah that's definitely too big. i think the extra volume around the back and the arms is the main problem. what you're suggesting would be an improvement, or you could ask if thurston would consider a credit towards the vanson/styleforum japanese moto MTO, which will probably be slimmer still but you might have the build for it

http://www.styleforum.net/t/394300/...panese-slim-fit-japanese-moto-jacket-mto/0_50

Last edited: Jul 6, 2014