• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vans ripoff Common Projects on another level.

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
can't that apply to button up shirts, laceups, scotch, belts, watches, food, beer, etc....? Stuff is just stuff. Who cares? They obviously look good, are nicer than other sneakers and if you can afford it, why not?

Yeah, that was pretty much my point

Jacob_G

Reaction score
anyone please open a thread about sneaker quality right now! what is the best stuff to get?

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll agree on the poor quality, some of my CP's have snags in the leather, and it discolours fairly easy.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
my nikes and adidas have superior leather

wahwho11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mind your clark's beeswax

brett.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by transient
Sounds like someone has the pictured CPs and is feeling very wronged. Oh so very wronged.

I second this.

I think the last CP shoe that I was really impressed by was the first generation training boot, but I still think theyre overpriced.

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the first Cp achilles that they released and the leather was absolutely supple and incredible. Since then, they've been using lower quality, stiffer leather. Very noticeable change

Liface

Reaction score
Eight pages of arguing and not a single link... where to cop?

951socal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
what the ****, did Moo just have a spell AND 951socal up me in this thread? 5 stars. The truth is yet unborn, we can only imagine it.

up ypu? you type like an e-thug.

and no i don't think you deliver on what you're advertising.

im actually in the process of obtaining a cheaper used TOJ jacket so i can dissect it and throw up a comparison thread to cheap leathers like varous mmm pices, a vintage schott

and low end leathers like wilson which uses the same zippers you use

feel free to send a jacket over if you feel that a varsity doesn't reprsent your work

Nereis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My parents ran a little clothing boutique and I have handled a lot of leather in my life. Drew's is top notch no question about it. My DR is quite literally the softest leather I've ever worn.

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
*Yawn. What's new?

Everybody knows that when you're paying $400 for a pair of sneakers, 90% of the price goes towards the brand name, not quality of materials or workmanship. That said, CP leather is only so-so.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 951socal
up ypu? you type like an e-thug.

and no i don't think you deliver on what you're advertising.

im actually in the process of obtaining a cheaper used TOJ jacket so i can dissect it and throw up a comparison thread to cheap leathers like varous mmm pices, a vintage schott

and low end leathers like wilson which uses the same zippers you use

feel free to send a jacket over if you feel that a varsity doesn't reprsent your work

N5SDi.jpg

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So is there a reasonably priced alternative to the white CP Achilles low? Can't justify spending that much on sneakers that are going to get beat up and it's really hard to find full leather Rod Lavers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads