1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Vans ripoff Common Projects on another level.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by seany, May 6, 2011.

1. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

What is your point?

didn't you have cps at one point anyway?

2. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

They wear lobb boat shoes then again they can't get anywhere near the water BUT THEY'RE BETTER QUALITY!!!111
    I hope lobb and alden start making thick, luxurious leather pants, socks and shirts too. Tired of subjecting my body to these lesser materials i am currently forced to wear. Why would i let cotton/nylon socks touch the inside of my laceups? Ridiculous

3. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Senior member

I hope we've all learned once and for all that CPs great "quality" is non-existant and you are, in fact, paying for a name and design 0. $300 might be insane for some, reasonable for others, but they're still just sneakers.

4. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

I hope we've all learned once and for all that CPs great "quality" is non-existant and you are, in fact, paying for a name and design 0. $300 might be insane for some, reasonable for others, but they're still just sneakers.
    can't that apply to button up shirts, laceups, scotch, belts, watches, food, beer, etc....? Stuff is just stuff. Who cares? They obviously look good, are nicer than other sneakers and if you can afford it, why not?

5. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

cool design is worth it

6. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Senior member

can't that apply to button up shirts, laceups, scotch, belts, watches, food, beer, etc....? Stuff is just stuff. Who cares? They obviously look good, are nicer than other sneakers and if you can afford it, why not?

Yeah, that was pretty much my point

7. Jacob_G

Jacob_G Senior member

anyone please open a thread about sneaker quality right now! what is the best stuff to get?

8. habitant

habitant Senior member

I'll agree on the poor quality, some of my CP's have snags in the leather, and it discolours fairly easy.

9. jet

jet Senior member

my nikes and adidas have superior leather

10. wahwho11

wahwho11 Senior member

mind your clark's beeswax

11. dmash

dmash Senior member

12. brett.

brett. Active Member

Sounds like someone has the pictured CPs and is feeling very wronged. Oh so very wronged.

I second this.

I think the last CP shoe that I was really impressed by was the first generation training boot, but I still think theyre overpriced.

13. London

London Senior member

I have the first Cp achilles that they released and the leather was absolutely supple and incredible. Since then, they've been using lower quality, stiffer leather. Very noticeable change

14. Liface

Liface Member

Eight pages of arguing and not a single link... where to cop?

15. 951socal

951socal Senior member

what the fuck, did Moo just have a spell AND 951socal up me in this thread? 5 stars. The truth is yet unborn, we can only imagine it.

up ypu? you type like an e-thug.

and no i don't think you deliver on what you're advertising.

im actually in the process of obtaining a cheaper used TOJ jacket so i can dissect it and throw up a comparison thread to cheap leathers like varous mmm pices, a vintage schott

and low end leathers like wilson which uses the same zippers you use

feel free to send a jacket over if you feel that a varsity doesn't reprsent your work

16. Nereis

Nereis Senior member

My parents ran a little clothing boutique and I have handled a lot of leather in my life. Drew's is top notch no question about it. My DR is quite literally the softest leather I've ever worn.

17. benjamin831

benjamin831 Senior member

*Yawn. What's new?

Everybody knows that when you're paying $400 for a pair of sneakers, 90% of the price goes towards the brand name, not quality of materials or workmanship. That said, CP leather is only so-so.

18. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

up ypu? you type like an e-thug.

and no i don't think you deliver on what you're advertising.

im actually in the process of obtaining a cheaper used TOJ jacket so i can dissect it and throw up a comparison thread to cheap leathers like varous mmm pices, a vintage schott

and low end leathers like wilson which uses the same zippers you use

feel free to send a jacket over if you feel that a varsity doesn't reprsent your work

[​IMG]

19. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

So is there a reasonably priced alternative to the white CP Achilles low? Can't justify spending that much on sneakers that are going to get beat up and it's really hard to find full leather Rod Lavers.

20. tylerjbritt

tylerjbritt Active Member

Eight pages of arguing and not a single link... where to cop?

+1