Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Vans ripoff Common Projects on another level.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by seany, May 6, 2011.

1. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

2. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

Like someone else said, I'm surprised more companies aren't going with the clean, minimal aesthetic of common projects. Would be great to have some non $300+ alternatives since they're going to be beat to shit anyways.

Erik Schedin sneakers (anyone have more info?):
    [​IMG]

3. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

TO EVERYONE DISAGREEING WITH ME REGARDING LEATHER QUALITY: Sorry, CP leather sucks... when compared to leather from footwear makers such as Vass, Edward Green, Gaziano and Girling, etc there is simply no comparison. Not even the same universe of leather quality. Hell, Alden has exponentially better leather than CP. All of you children saying "lol no, CP leather is great Moo, you are dumb... MOM, THE MEATLOAF!" are probably comparing it to leather found in Nike Dunks or what have you. In which case, I'm sure it's the best leather you've ever felt. But in the greater realm of leather quality, CP leather sucks dick. Sorry. Edit: and before people say "well, Moo, you're comparing $300 sneakers with $1000 shoes... apples and oranges." Sorry - this is wrong. I am comparing some of the "best" sneakers in the world with some of the "best" dress shoes in the world. They are the best in their respective categories.

4. jet

jet Persian Bro

lulz

5. Mr. Moo

6. ImaPro

ImaPro Senior member

7. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

moo rant

in the end of the day it is still 300 vs 1000. [​IMG]

you are like saying wow golf gti is the best in its class and lets compare it with 458 italia. which is plain dumb.

8. Mr. Moo

in the end of the day it is still 300 vs 1000. [​IMG]

you are like saying wow golf gti is the best in its class and lets compare it with 458 italia. which is plain dumb.

No. What YOU, and the other people here are saying is that the Golf GTI is "really great", while I am saying that it's not so great when compared to other cars. OK, to make the easier to understand... Allen Edmonds "seconds" (something like $119) blows away CP leather. Happy? It's craptastic leather. It feels like rubber. It creases poorly. It does not patinate well. It does not polish well. It is cheap.

9. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

More importantly, who believes that CP sneakers are the best sneakers? Jesus Christ, far from it. The reason people buy it is for design: it's sleek and the leather is better than most sneakers out there. The leather on your $1000 shoes IS probably better, but who the fuck cares? You sound like the type who would put fuckin shoetrees in sneakers

10. Mr. Moo

Oh snap man lemme drop $300 on FUCKING SNEAKERS son.

11. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

No. What YOU, and the other people here are saying is that the Golf GTI is "really great", while I am saying that it's not so great when compared to other cars. OK, to make the easier to understand... Allen Edmonds "seconds" (something like $119) blows away CP leather. Happy? It's craptastic leather. It feels like rubber. It creases poorly. It does not patinate well. It does not polish well. It is cheap.
    [​IMG] cp is the best in its class, but i'll be happy for you to prove me wrong. no one buys sneakers for patina and no one polishes sneakers.

12. Mr. Moo

[​IMG] cp is the best in its class, but i'll be happy for you to prove me wrong. no one buys sneakers for patina and no one polishes sneakers.
    So why gives a shit about sneaker quality then? CP IS BEST IN A CLASS OF SHITTY SNEAKERS. absolutely.

13. g transistor

Where the fuck is AR to put Moo in his place? Jesus Christ, for someone who gets so sensitive about AR's tirades you talk a whole lot of bullshit

14. Mr. Moo

Where the fuck is AR to put Moo in his place? Jesus Christ, for someone who gets so sensitive about AR's tirades you talk a whole lot of bullshit

Thats it? Calling your wispy friend already? Your skin is thinner than CP leather.

15. g transistor