1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Vanda - not only excellent merchandise but AMAZING customer service

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Big A, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

Thanks for the info. Will def try a Vanda out. But does Vanda make ties for other brands aswell?

2. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

Afaik they're a pretty small operation so I don't think so.

I'd consider buying from them but it looks like all their ties are 3.5", I can't really wear anything wider than 3"...

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  3. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Senior member Dubiously Honored

Email them, they'll work with you.

4. applky

applky Senior member

As mentioned, they'll definitely MTM a tie for you if you e-mail them. Noblesse has the correct MTM charges above.

It's really an amazing deal for what you get. And even if it weren't a "deal," they'd still be some of the absolute best ties out there. I have 7 bespoke/MTM Vandas currently and 3-4 more on the way. I don't really see myself buying other ties in the future except off price Rubinaccis and Cappellis. I feel much better about supporting Gerald and Diana anyway.

5. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

Compare to Rubinacci and Cappelli do you feel Vanda is better?

6. applky

applky Senior member

^ It wasn't my intention to imply that one was better than another. Rubinacci and Cappelli are known for their handmade, hand-rolled, unlined six- and seven-fold ties. Vanda has similar aesthetics and construction. They're all absolutely in the same league in terms of quality, details, and fabric used.

Foo has a great blog post on Cappelli that contains a lot of comparisons with Rubinacci and Marinella. You may find it useful! The article was written before Vanda launched in late 2011, though, so there's no mention of Gerald and Diana's work. http://tweedinthecity.wordpress.com/2011/06/15/e-g-cappelli-tiemaker/

7. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. Noremedy

Noremedy Active Member

In terms of knot-ability, how do ties of this ilk tie in comparison to say Kiton or Borrelli ties?

I really appreciate the craftsmanship that goes into these types of items, and will look to pick one up to see for myself.

I'd appreciate your thoughts on what merits / detractions you perceive between top-tier 'brands' and enthusiasts such as this lovely couple.

9. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

^ Also want to know this answer.

10. GothamRed

GothamRed Senior member

I'd say pretty well:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

That's just tease... don't do this to me.

12. GothamRed

GothamRed Senior member

[​IMG]

You asked... [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. thesilentist

thesilentist Senior member

I had one Kiton tie a while back and ended up selling it to buy a tie from Vanda, if that's any indication. I like that many of Vanda's are unlined or lightly lined. To me, this allows the knot "sculpting" to be more interesting and easier. I felt like the heavier lining made the knotting experience a bit too "dense" and heavier, if that makes any sense. It's just my preference to have something lightly or completely unlined. I've actually been gradually selling off my other ties (several Drake's) and buying Vanda's instead.

And, yes, Vanda's customer service and politeness is superb. They've always answered my emails promptly and were helpful with questions I had. After seven ties, I've yet to regret a purchase or think of parting with one.

14. Noremedy

Noremedy Active Member

I definitely understand what you mean. I even find that I'm preferring 3-folds to some 7-folds, purely because they're a bit "lighter."

I'm trying out a few of the higher-end Italian brands, as I feel I should explore before going to the end-game.

Even if I were in a position to go A&S, Charvet and Edward Green, at age 20; I have my whole life ahead of me!

Cheers!

15. kuslamb

kuslamb Senior member

Anyone mind posting some pics of their lapel pins - Good on the tie front right now, but intrigued by the pins.

16. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

1 person likes this.