1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

Vanda Navy/midnight Shantung Six-Fold Tie (summer staple)

Discussion in '2011-2017 Classic Menswear' started by TweedyProf, Feb 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

1 tie in/1 tie out . Reluctantly letting this one go but too many navy/midnight ties and others coming in.

This was from SF member Pingson on a trade. He found it too short and wore it a couple of times. I've worn it a small number of times so great condition.

Buyers: please be either one of the following:
    1. active SF members in discussion threads in good standing or
    2. stellar SF B&S feedback or
    3. stellar ebay feedback.

It is Vanda pre-label era (i.e. does not have the Vanda label), but is a six fold, hand rolled edges and as far as I can tell is unlined which is typical of Vanda. Knots well.

3.5 inches by 57 inches (standard Vanda size).

Will consider trades for a Vanda or Cappelli. Price is firm.

Otherwise please note price which includes shipping/fees CONUS. More pics in reply post #1.

The knot and texture.

[​IMG]

Details of tie (expertly rolled edges and 6 fold)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016

2. TweedyProf

Bit of a photo dump here but did it for a potential buyer who is first in line

I'm a tie nerd so forgive me...

This shows the knot and the visible portion of the tie when you wear a coat.

[​IMG]

Maybe this one is closest to IRL color (but it's clearly a blue tie, just dark).

[​IMG]

Here's tie against dark herringbone, light grey flannels and mid brown shoes.
    [​IMG]

The loop stitch (hand stitched single thread running through the entire tie). Helps the tie's flexibility and recovery after wear.

[​IMG]

Beautiful tight hand rolling, indeed hand rolling up the edge of the tie which is a lot of handwork.

[​IMG]

This last pic below makes it more navy than midnight so not accurate for color.

The only thing I would point out is that you can see the handrolled edges here against the fabric. That's one consequence of not using an interlining. Vanda compensates for this by making it a six fold rather than three-fold, but you do see the hand rolling, done up the length of the tie. Impressive as it took a lot of time.

I think it's part of the charm of this Vanda, and it doesn't bother me, but just pointing it out to buyers.

[​IMG]

3. TweedyProf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.