1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Vanda Fine Clothing

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by VRaivio, Sep 11, 2012.

1. VRaivio

VRaivio Senior member

Anyone familiar with this Singapore-based maker yet? They have some wonderful pocket squares made from vintage kimono silk along with an embroidery service. I'm pondering whether to try them out or not.

http://vandafineclothing.com/

2. Maccimus

Maccimus Senior member

No, we don't know the couple.:satisfied:

3. terrorsquad

terrorsquad Senior member

They arguably make some of the best ties in the world,easily rivaling if not exceeding the more established and famous names.

I have 2 ties from them and they are exquisite.

4. VRaivio

VRaivio Senior member

Strongly SF-approved, it seems. I must give them a go. Thanks, guys.

5. ColdEyedPugilist

ColdEyedPugilist Senior member

+1

I have ties from the likes of Drakes, Hober and Cappelli; I'd put Vanda up there with them any day.

6. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

+2. Vanda's ties and pocket squares are great and Gerald and Diana are incredibly nice and run a great business.

It's worth noting, though, that their ties are not like the usual department store ties - they are beautifully made, with quite a thin lining and an "untipped" end. I like that, and so do a lot of others here on SF, but it might not be to everyone's taste.

7. Rich0116

Rich0116 Senior member

+3

Just pulled the trigger last week on 2 of their fall collection squares...arrived from Singapore in 3 days...absolutely fantastic. At this rate the majority of my squares are going to be Vanda very soon.

And of all the squares I wear, I am most consistently complimented on the Vanda ones.

8. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

9. Fred49

Fred49 Senior member

I ordered 2 ties the other day. WOW they are not only beautifully made but they arrived before I closed the browser (not really but close). They were a great choice!!!

10. Putonghua73

Putonghua73 Senior member

Ordered last night the Green-White Pindots and the Burnt Chocolate Wool Crepe. As much as I love the Solid Chocolate Shantung, I had to give a little nod to functionality. Two brown ties at this early stage in my tie collection would be a little too much.

I really like Diana & Gerald's philosophy - which is incorporated into the website and their products - but most importantly, I absolutely love (from what I've seen so far) the construction, materials, finish and elegance. Beautiful, exquisite products. I was also pleasantly surprised at the price (given the exchange rate for sterling).

Now I need to scour SF for inspiration on what shirt colours work best with burnt chocolate.

11. Leaves

Leaves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Any issues with customs? I ordered once from Sam Hober and Swedish Customs bent me over and ravaged me in a most unsympathetic way. I hope items from Singapore will not be hit as hard, really digging the Chinese Zodiac pocket squares, perfect birthday gifts!

12. gusvs

gusvs Senior member

I'll be able to tell you in a few days when mine arrives :)

13. Leaves

Leaves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Argh! I wish you'd told me! :)

14. VRaivio

VRaivio Senior member

Leaves, I got mine through the courier's service and they nearly beat me with VAT, customs, handling. You can only keep fingers crossed.

15. gusvs

gusvs Senior member

Got mine now and was not hit with any custom duties or VAT :)