• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can’t wait to get my first Vanda tie(s). I’m trying to decide if the monogram is worth it or not.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ericgereghty - it's a crepe weave of sorts, so yeah it is quite dry. It has a wee bit of sheen and feels a little.. fluffy?
Interesting. Is it perhaps somewhat similar to the Ultimate Fall Navy crepe wool tie, obviously accounting for the differences inherent between silk and wool fabric.
I can’t wait to get my first Vanda tie(s). I’m trying to decide if the monogram is worth it or not.
Totally a matter of perspective. The quality is on par with the rolled edges, which I feel are the best in the world. If you enjoy monograms, you'll enjoy them on a Vanda.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Is it perhaps somewhat similar to the Ultimate Fall Navy crepe wool tie, obviously accounting for the differences inherent between silk and wool fabric.

Totally a matter of perspective. The quality is on par with the rolled edges, which I feel are the best in the world. If you enjoy monograms, you'll enjoy them on a Vanda.
I’ve never had monograms on ties before. I’d say it’s worth a try.

Jay Primo

Reaction score
I am addicted to Vanda ties bro! As for monograms, I do like them, however I do not order them much.Can't wait to see your posts of the new tie.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am addicted to Vanda ties bro! As for monograms, I do like them, however I do not order them much.Can't wait to see your posts of the new tie.
You already know an unboxing is definitely coming LOL.

rdsr

Reaction score
a0582e7252d7fa45d1aeb69ffe58fd9a76aa7c93.jpg
Is this one grey/black or is it navy?

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@gshen I have some navy tie questions for you:

1. Can you obtain any other escorial wool fabrics and, if so, do they make anything in a solid navy or navy herringbone?

2. Any chance you could compare (visually) the navy herringbone cashmere silk, navy faint herringbone, and navy cashmere ties?

3. For a solid navy tie in F/W, what do you prefer? And yes, I still kick myself that I didn't grab the Loro Piana navy cashmere from 2 years ago.

gshen

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@gshen I have some navy tie questions for you:

1. Can you obtain any other escorial wool fabrics and, if so, do they make anything in a solid navy or navy herringbone?

2. Any chance you could compare (visually) the navy herringbone cashmere silk, navy faint herringbone, and navy cashmere ties?

3. For a solid navy tie in F/W, what do you prefer? And yes, I still kick myself that I didn't grab the Loro Piana navy cashmere from 2 years ago.

1. Yes, but the price will be pretty crazy.. they usually travel to Singapore twice a year and offer us some specials, which we can sell at a favourable price. They're coming again in Oct/Nov I believe - will keep an eye out for these.

2. Here you go - from L-R: Navy Cashmere, Navy Faint Herringbone, Navy Herringbone cashmere/silk.

_DSC5349.jpg

Navy Cashmere is a worsted twill, so it's the least textured and lightest of the three. Really nice basic 3 season tie IMO, but not super F/W looking. Navy Faint Herringbone has a nice texture and volume, but the 'roughest' handle amongst these three - obv because there is no cashmere in here. Navy Herringbone cashmere/silk is a nice middle ground.. soft but with some texture.

3. Depends on how textured you want - I think the above description should help. And yeah you missed out big time!!

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@gshen do you have any hesitation wearing the hazel grey cashmere with a light blue shirt? I sometimes feel weird about wearing light colored ties with anything other than white....

Thanks for the pics on the navy ties!

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some new block repp samples from Suffolk just arrived. Please let us know which are your favourites!

May do a preorder for 3 or so popular colours plus the two restocked Turquoise-Maroon and Blue-Grey versions. View attachment 1253040
I like the Blue and Green.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads