• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This cotton square has been sneaky great for a boring, tonal dweeb like me. A go to when plain white isn’t ideal.
@Emospence that’s the Solbiati houndstooth.
E7C6B5D6-4596-4D02-A9D0-84A058B04B31.jpeg

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing like a tie you’ve been eyeing popping up on “last chance” to force your hand.
I’ve typically struggled with Vanda’s unlined ties, so this will be an interesting test case. I imagine the extra heft of the Shantung will work well for it, in my case.
737209E6-1553-4D68-8EE7-4394860A818A.png

JNSJr

Reaction score
A beautiful day in NJ. Tie courtesy of Vanda. These striped grenadines are so versatile and tie great knots.

Looking forward to what the Vanda team brings back from their trip in October. I already have two additional ties in the cart!

20220927_171652.jpg

Nothing like a tie you’ve been eyeing popping up on “last chance” to force your hand.
I’ve typically struggled with Vanda’s unlined ties, so this will be an interesting test case. I imagine the extra heft of the Shantung will work well for it, in my case.
I am interested to see how you pair the tie. I have no imagination and couldn't work it into my wardrobe. I'd probably only wear it exactly like Vanda displayed it on their site (gray on gray + white shirt). I did end up buying the burgundy and blue variants, which are staples in my rotation.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A beautiful day in NJ. Tie courtesy of Vanda. These striped grenadines are so versatile and tie great knots.

Looking forward to what the Vanda team brings back from their trip in October. I already have two additional ties in the cart!

View attachment 1837200

I am interested to see how you pair the tie. I have no imagination and couldn't work it into my wardrobe. I'd probably only wear it exactly like Vanda displayed it on their site (gray on gray + white shirt). I did end up buying the burgundy and blue variants, which are staples in my rotation.
Sad to say that sexy beast was for all intents and purposes sold out (I replaced with the burg/cream double stripe shantung...gorgeous) by the time I pulled the trigger, so no such pairings, though my thoughts did trend toward the "boring" end of the spectrum (blue SC, grey trews, etc.) for that tie. I am in need of summery ties for odd (navy, of course) SCs, so need to beef up my shantung arsenal.
Also curious to see what G&D bring back from their travels. I know I've got at least a few things on the wishlist, which I won't mention again because Gerald might well block me for being such a PITA if I do :rotflmao:
Tie looks great.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which tie is this? I feel like I know the answer from the size of the check, but, if right, my monitor is conveying the coloring terribly...

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which tie is this? I feel like I know the answer from the size of the check, but, if right, my monitor is conveying the coloring terribly...
Navy cream. Super hard to get the color to pick up in pictures.
2F4A6AB2-D6B5-414F-A53A-192C15BDB24E.jpeg

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh dang, I think I might have the same. Going to need to double check. If so, your camera does the tie FAR more justice than my iPhone haha.

JNSJr

Reaction score
Playing with blues over the last few days. The blue border linen ps is doing double duty with the the ultimate navy tie and marling & evans blue glencheck. I was lucky enough to snag a few new ties for the fall focusing on greens and browns. Will show the haul in the next few days.
20221102_160741.jpg
20220929_183509.jpg

dissipate

Reaction score
I was one of the lucky ones to have snagged the Le Parisien in time. Colour is more nuanced and interesting in real life, lovely soft material. This is my first contribution, still learning how to do nice dimples. Thank you Gerald and Diana for this lovely piece of art.

20221129_080803.jpg

JNSJr

Reaction score
Dusty pink ps and a gray and pink wool/cotton/nylon/silk blend. Was also lucky to grab a Le Parisien but haven't been able to get it in the right lighting to post. Dissipate's color is pretty accurate on my screen! Was too slow on the turquoise and flowers and know that one will haunt me :brick:

20221206_184257.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads