• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not the best answer, but really depends on fabric. I have that yellow repp (which is GREAT if you're looking for a tie to go with a navy SC), which shakes out fully after a day's use. I have some other that show mild creasing at the highest stress points. Never enough to look sloppy, but enough to know there's linen in there. Which tie(s) are you looking at?

You're talking to the wrong hombre, big dog! I'm as boring as they come haha. White is safe. I'm played around with it and a pink shirt, which isn't bad, but it feels off compared to white. I don't doubt a blue or thin striped shirt would look damn good with it. I'll give it a try when back home....though it may take a spell, since I'll have to work on getting my new order (ideally arriving a few days prior to my return) into the rotation.
Thanks for the reply, mate. This is the one. Not decided yet. But considering it. https://shop.vandafineclothing.com/...04430&utm_source=IGShopping&utm_medium=Social

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

gshen

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
_DSC0894.jpg

Heading off to you tomorrow, @ericgereghty!

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking lovely. That charcoal melange looks absurd. Can't wait to get my paws on em.

Emospence

Reaction score

Black-white houndstooth in Japanese silk.

Letting this go as I find it a little short and don't foresee myself wearing it again (it's in the 'standard' 57", I am 6'1"). Pretty bummed as I really love the beautiful drape and matte feel of this fabric, and actually prefer this to the Italian silks! Worn a grand total of ~5 times. This particular tie has been out of production for a few years now, as far as I know.

DM for details.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Black-white houndstooth in Japanese silk.

Letting this go as I find it a little short and don't foresee myself wearing it again (it's in the 'standard' 57", I am 6'1"). Pretty bummed as I really love the beautiful drape and matte feel of this fabric, and actually prefer this to the Italian silks! Worn a grand total of ~5 times. This particular tie has been out of production for a few years now, as far as I know.

DM for details.

I was actually about to ask how old the tie was when I saw the photo, since I was assuming it was that oldie.
Anybody who can make the sizing work should 100% buy it. Fantastic tie.

JNSJr

Reaction score
We had a short reprieve from the 90+ days here in NJ and had a few days in the 60s (back to the 90s tomorrow). I had a chance to wear one of my favorite Vanda tie + ps combos.

The linen ties above look great. Interested to see how the light gray works as a summer tie.

Attachments

• 20220526_172526.jpg
    20220526_172526.jpg
    299.5 KB · Views: 163

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We had a short reprieve from the 90+ days here in NJ and had a few days in the 60s (back to the 90s tomorrow). I had a chance to wear one of my favorite Vanda tie + ps combos.

The linen ties above look great. Interested to see how the light gray works as a summer tie.
Received this tie a couple of weeks ago. Absolutely fantastic. Wear it in good health, mate.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First pieces of my latest haul. The linen patterned squares are criminally slept on. They’re amazing. Perfect blend of rigidity and bounce. Most linens are a nightmare in the pocket when worn as a puff, but these wear quite easily, but still have the heft to stay put. Excellent stuff.
View attachment 1800033

If you wouldn't have mentioned that was linen, I would have guessed silk. That's based on my experience with linens being horrendous as puffs.
Great pick up and combination. 👍🏻

gshen

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Would someone who has the Ultimate White Square (or @gshen ) be able to comment on its differences with a standard white linen square?

Ultimate White is whiter, fabric content is 60/40% linen/cotton, and the weave is finer vs our regular white linen square. Woven on shuttle looms by Carlo Riva. If you're after a white square for high contrast, formal attire, Ultimate White is great.

Emospence

Reaction score
Ultimate White is whiter, fabric content is 60/40% linen/cotton, and the weave is finer vs our regular white linen square. Woven on shuttle looms by Carlo Riva. If you're after a white square for high contrast, formal attire, Ultimate White is great.

Thanks!

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This. Nobody will confuse the linen square for anything other than a white one in your pocket, but it looks positively creamy (not a bad thing) when viewed against the UW.

Both actually arrived in my recent order. Will post side by sides. Both worth having, I'd say.

Emospence

Reaction score
This. Nobody will confuse the linen square for anything other than a white one in your pocket, but it looks positively creamy (not a bad thing) when viewed against the UW.

Both actually arrived in my recent order. Will post side by sides. Both worth having, I'd say.

Thanks, a side by side would be interesting to see!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads