• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@gshen what is this summer tweed business? Details, if you’re able to share? As well, any readers about upcoming offerings for the warmer months would be awesome.

gshen

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@gshen what is this summer tweed business? Details, if you’re able to share? As well, any readers about upcoming offerings for the warmer months would be awesome.

Its a cotton/silk/linen/wool/nylon (48/25/10/10/7%) mix from Standeven - I don't think they've made the bunch available yet, not on their website at least. I'm told the nylon comes from the coloured flecks, and the hand isn't scratchy or anything like that.

More casual silk/linen stuff in store, and I found a nice mohair/wool glen check in blue.. and green!

emptym

Reaction score
My recent order arrived today. It was sent long ago but languished a few weeks in customs in Chicago. Well worth the wait! Shown w/ the rest of my small but treasured Vanda collection, the first one, ten years old.
IMG_9447.jpeg

gshen

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I recognize that plum pindot tie - our first run of proper necktie silk from Vanners!

My recent order arrived today. It was sent long ago but languished a few weeks in customs in Chicago. Well worth the wait! Shown w/ the rest of my small but treasured Vanda collection, the first one, ten years old.
View attachment 1589765

Can't believe it's been a decade.

emptym

Reaction score
Congratulations on ten years of business, of bringing beauty and excellent workmanship to many happy customers around the world!

XXghostfaceXX

Reaction score

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nice choices. I have been copying your selections for sometime btw so thanks for all the heavy lifting.

@gshen is the navy-white vandas coming back in stock or is it gone for good? I'm glad I was able to get the red-cream racing stripe on restock.
Cheers. Le sad, but the second was actually OOS. I thought I'd snagged the last, bur was too late. Replaced with the below.
1620692992898.png

Marinating on my next order at the moment.

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you missed out on that navy linen check...I wear mine often ?

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Potentially wacky thought: has anybody ever used Vanda scarves as a table runner? I was browsing around for table runners, and realized that the scarves would serve as a reasonable approximation, dimension wise, and would certainly add a greater visual flourish than your typical runner.

Would be almost entirely for decoration, in this case, so no real concern IRT durability, stain removal, etc.

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are nice. I really enjoy the larger pattern ties but have a hard time wearing them. Most of my jackets are already checks or in various plaids.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
G, the world needs more pocket squares in the linen/silk composition. Pastels are especially excellent, but a solid cream/white would be amazing.
@CLTesquire funny, since I'm the near polar opposite. I find myself opting for some version of checked ties on almost a daily basis. It's actually somewhat embarrassing how stuck in my ways I am becoming...
0FC976DA-26A2-4F93-8840-E516CEA96B0B.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads