• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pretty neat watch. Happy to be a member of this cult:bigstar:
Note: unsure what technically qualifies one (or two, in this case) as an artisan, but I feel quite safe saying Diana & Gerald count as such.

Last edited:

gshen

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Pretty neat watch. Happy to be a member of this cult:bigstar:
Note: unsure what technically qualifies one (or two, in this case) as an artisan, but I feel quite safe saying Diana & Gerald count as such.

Thanks for sharing that before I could get to it, @ericgereghty !

Well yeah I don't like using the terms "handmade" and "artisan" and giving numbers like 10 artisanal makers (???) etc myself, but they insisted on getting us to comment so.. the video is very nicely shot though!

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing that before I could get to it, @ericgereghty !

Well yeah I don't like using the terms "handmade" and "artisan" and giving numbers like 10 artisanal makers (???) etc myself, but they insisted on getting us to comment so.. the video is very nicely shot though!
You already know I’m on record saying y’all are the best in the world at what you do. Whether that makes you “artisans” is for smarter people than I to bandy on about. All I know is I’m happy to have your product.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Great video! Seem like a lovely couple. Good to hear their story in their own words.
Glad I dropped in on this thread and got to see it.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is a great video, and it's lovely to watch the two of you at work and see how Vanda ties are made.

Congratulations on the publicity!

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@TweedyProf and I split an order during the promotion. Here’s our haul.

So many wonderful textures and colors. Fantastic craftsmanship, as always.

Thanks, Gerald and Diana!
D0783B38-EF17-445A-94EA-045A523CF44C.jpeg

E307D636-066C-49A9-B72C-4349DE947F3F.jpeg

D98AC629-F930-4C8E-8804-9F35DB9D5D0E.jpeg

C02FE57A-DAEB-4D12-87F7-6203E8DE023E.jpeg
1D8AAF41-9C18-4C1A-B530-1384B10C8A46.jpeg

EE283FD0-25BE-454F-B9B1-65765B3119E1.jpeg

162ADE06-DFB6-4985-B589-256138765C5D.jpeg

88855A85-6887-4343-A956-B38D79FA0A70.jpeg

asewonder

Reaction score

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nice! Can you share which ones these are? Especially the first two and the last one?

The first two are Burnt Orange Slubs and Brick Basketweave by Carnet.

The last is Olive Honeycomb.

The other two are Green-Wine-Mustard Gunclub and Deep Violet-Black Cashmere.

Verve

Reaction score

View attachment 1572590
View attachment 1572591
View attachment 1572592
View attachment 1572593 View attachment 1572594
View attachment 1572595
View attachment 1572597
View attachment 1572598
I’m envious of your fine looking ties. I just found this thread and wish I found it sooner, let’s say about 16 February 2021. I have been looking at Hober ties as my first premium purchase and will look at Vanda as my 2nd order down the road.

gshen

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Great video! Seem like a lovely couple. Good to hear their story in their own words.
Glad I dropped in on this thread and got to see it.

Thank you very much, Chris @Despos. I've been a big fan of your work for ages (not just saying) so it means a lot!

It is a great video, and it's lovely to watch the two of you at work and see how Vanda ties are made.

Congratulations on the publicity!

Thank you!

gshen

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

View attachment 1572590
View attachment 1572591
View attachment 1572592
View attachment 1572593 View attachment 1572594
View attachment 1572595
View attachment 1572597
View attachment 1572598

Great pictures @Mr. Six, thanks for sharing them! You got the last Olive Honeycombs tie too, in case you were wondering why it disappeared off our website.

gshen

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I’m envious of your fine looking ties. I just found this thread and wish I found it sooner, let’s say about 16 February 2021. I have been looking at Hober ties as my first premium purchase and will look at Vanda as my 2nd order down the road.

Thanks for considering us :)

Happy to help if you need any assistance - just drop me an email or PM.

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The first two are Burnt Orange Slubs and Brick Basketweave by Carnet.

The last is Olive Honeycomb.

The other two are Green-Wine-Mustard Gunclub and Deep Violet-Black Cashmere.

I'm biased, but those ties are ?

That olive one is especially lovely, a subtle texture/pattern, what looks like a nice crisp and airy weave. Nicely chosen as always @Mr. Six and well done Gerald and Diana...my best wishes for your continued success.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! You can't go wrong with Hober or Vanda. Both are exceptional, but very different approaches to the craft. I really enjoy having both.

Great pictures @Mr. Six, thanks for sharing them! You got the last Olive Honeycombs tie too, in case you were wondering why it disappeared off our website.
It's rare that I'm able to take a decent picture of a tie. I was glad that these showed off a little bit the feel of how soft they are and how thoughtful the workmanship is.

I did wonder about the Olive Honeycomb. I went back to check the details of the fabric and couldn't find it. It's funny that I don't know how many times I saw the fabric on the site and hadn't considered it, but this time it clicked. I also maybe still have a swatch for it, which helped sell it. It's hard to convey just how crispy and light it is. I haven't tied it yet, but I suspect it will be lovely.

And like George Costanza and velvet, I want to be ensconced in that Violet Cashmere. It's incredibly soft and light.

I'm biased, but those ties are ?

That olive one is especially lovely, a subtle texture/pattern, what looks like a nice crisp and airy weave. Nicely chosen as always @Mr. Six and well done Gerald and Diana...my best wishes for your continued success.
:fistbump: Sometimes we guess right about a fabric!

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
:fistbump: Sometimes we guess right about a fabric!

Just received the Carnet basketweave and orange slub in the photos by Mr. Six. Wow, they are even nicer in hand than in those great photos. I strongly recommend both. Order now! You will not regret it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads