• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

gshen

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Look what came today!

View attachment 1402241

Just wanted to say thank you to the active members of this forum. I have followed this thread (and lurked on styleforum lol) for a good while and the feedback here has helped a tremendous amount when getting my tie game up.

To this point I had rare opportunities to wear ties and rotated *************** grenadine, burgundy dot and navy dot tie. I recently changed jobs and need to get dressed up more, so I knew if I had to up my existing capsule. Happy to share my final choices (now that I can't miss them ;). Most of these just arrived and some are already OoS!

View attachment 1402266

Thank you to Gerald for working with me on a couple different orders. The ties are phenomenal but the customer service may even be better fwiw.

Finally, I'm on the hunt for the brown navy stripe tie below, if any of the old heads on this forum want to part with one. It will go to a good home :)

View attachment 1402267

Thank you for sharing the pictures - that's a really nice and comprehensive collection you got going.

Glad we got you started posting on SF too!

gshen

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Considering I have all but 2 (depending on tie to the right of the Dugdale linen), safe to say I approve of your taste :cheers:
The yellow linen/silk stripe is a sneaky summery MVP for me. Would love to see it in different colorways...particularly in a burgundy or navy base

This is the same tie in a light blue base: https://shop.vandafineclothing.com/products/light-blue-silk-linen-repp

We had it in pink too, but that sold out eons ago! Don't think these would work quite as nicely with darker colours, as they're woven with a white warp and that suits generally lighter, more summery shades better.

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@XXghostfaceXX that's a great start to a nice Vanda collection! I see a lot of familiar faces in that picture. :cool:

I heartily concur with @ericgereghty on that yellow linen/silk stripe. I wear that one a lot. The light blue stripe version of that tie is also excellent and I'd recommend that to anyone. Eric should we have a challenge where we post a picture of our respective Vanda collections? I'm curious what @gshen has set aside in his own personal stash...

XXghostfaceXX

Reaction score
IMG_2866.JPG

I had to also get some squares, since I had been using an old white handkerchief exclusively to this point ?

IMG_2873.JPG

Awesome quality. I think Gerald should start making masks... or maybe I can use one of the neckerchiefs to look like a fancy bank robber ? ?

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is the same tie in a light blue base: https://shop.vandafineclothing.com/products/light-blue-silk-linen-repp

We had it in pink too, but that sold out eons ago! Don't think these would work quite as nicely with darker colours, as they're woven with a white warp and that suits generally lighter, more summery shades better.
Oh man, pink in that makeup sounds awesome. Would love to see that rerun, if at all possible.
@XXghostfaceXX that's a great start to a nice Vanda collection! I see a lot of familiar faces in that picture. :cool:

I heartily concur with @ericgereghty on that yellow linen/silk stripe. I wear that one a lot. The light blue stripe version of that tie is also excellent and I'd recommend that to anyone. Eric should we have a challenge where we post a picture of our respective Vanda collections? I'm curious what @gshen has set aside in his own personal stash...
Ha. Intriguing. I'd need to do inventory. I believe I have a handful of Vandas hanging in my office as we speak. If nothing else, it would serve as a reminder that I really ought to get some more. Not sure what my count is as currently. It's somewhere between respectable and hideously lacking, based on your scale.
View attachment 1404264

I had to also get some squares, since I had been using an old white handkerchief exclusively to this point ?

View attachment 1404265

Awesome quality. I think Gerald should start making masks... or maybe I can use one of the neckerchiefs to look like a fancy bank robber ? ?
The Dim Sum and sky/white linen squares are just tremendous. I'll always get a kick out of comparing Vanda squares (and ties) to objectively great (and heartily SF approved) competitors...and chuckling at difference in quality. D&G are masters at their craft. Best I've seen.

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh man, pink in that makeup sounds awesome. Would love to see that rerun, if at all possible.

Ha. Intriguing. I'd need to do inventory. I believe I have a handful of Vandas hanging in my office as we speak. If nothing else, it would serve as a reminder that I really ought to get some more. Not sure what my count is as currently. It's somewhere between respectable and hideously lacking, based on your scale.

The Dim Sum and sky/white linen squares are just tremendous. I'll always get a kick out of comparing Vanda squares (and ties) to objectively great (and heartily SF approved) competitors...and chuckling at difference in quality. D&G are masters at their craft. Best I've seen.

The only ties I have hanging in my office are non-Vanda’s that I removed from the tie rack to make room for more Vanda’s. ?

I should have taken some pictures this week. Two ties that arrived during the stay at home order timeframe made their long awaited first appearance.

gshen

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Appreciate the suggestion! We've been getting mask requests quite a bit recently, but few things are stopping us from doing it:

1) Our fabrics are mainly dry-clean only. IMO fabric masks need to be washed frequently for hygiene and safety!

2) We don't specialize in making commodity type, mass produced products.. others can machine sew these faster, better and cheaper than us.

Thanks Eric! We put in an inordinate amount of time into getting the edges as finely sewn and tightly rolled as we can.. glad you enjoy them!

With regards to the pink tie - I find that reruns of these less mainstream sort of colours usually don't sell quite as well.. but if there are a dozen or so members keen on the same tie, we can make it happen.

gshen

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We've just released 40 new MTO options - now available on www.vandafineclothing.com.

Featuring plain and checked designs in wool and linen from Reda and Trabaldo Togna, our new MTO options are light, dry and very textured - perfect for summer!

As an introductory special for our new MTO neckties, we are now offering two discount codes:

1) Preorder any MTO necktie (including the old VBC MTO Hopsacks!) and enjoy a 10% discount off the regular price of S$180 (excl. local sales tax) each. Use discount code 10OFFONEMTO at checkout.

2) Preorder any 3 MTO neckties (including the old VBC MTO Hopsacks!) and enjoy a 20% discount off the regular price of S$180 (excl. local sales tax) each. Use discount code 20OFFTHREEMTOS at checkout.

Our COVID-19 shipping special still applies, so orders of 3 MTO neckties (or anything above S$380) ship free worldwide via FedEx!

This introductory offer only lasts for 4 days, and will close on Tuesday, 16 June 2020, 2359hrs Singapore time (GMT +8). The neckties will be ready for delivery in approximately 2 weeks.

FWIW, I really like the Togna fabrics! If you dig the VBC hopsacks and want an even lighter, more summery version, these are just the right thing.

TOGNABLUE.jpg

Reda stuff is pretty sick too:
REDA BLUE CHECKS.jpg

REDA GREENS.jpg

REDAREDS.jpg

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@gshen Just to confirm, 126-6692 is a teal green shade right? One pic on the website looks grey.

Also, is this 126-9514 in its made-up glory?

1591971937267.png

gshen

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@gshen Just to confirm, 126-6692 is a teal green shade right? One pic on the website looks grey.

Also, is this 126-9514 in its made-up glory?

View attachment 1404621

126-6692 is dark green with white warp so the effect is a less saturated green. Not teal for sure.

And yes that's 126-9514!

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
126-6692 is dark green with white warp so the effect is a less saturated green. Not teal for sure.

And yes that's 126-9514!

Thanks. I'm always curious what your favorites are when you do MTO's like this. You're the one sitting with the swatch book in your hands after all. :cool:

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The ones we made into ties should give you a hint!

I really like the Togna stuff anyway - really nice bounce and drape on these.

Ok. Help a brother out and label the made up ties! ;)

Is this 126-6586?

1591973213203.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads