• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

gshen

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@gshen

Just bought a tie and a PS. Support you for the efforts during this Covid CB times.

I was hoping to do the same even though I probably won’t be wearing one until end of year.

Thanks gents, and everyone else who's made an order in the past few months despite all the troubles in the world. It is deeply appreciated!!

Gonna order a tie and ask them to add a keeper and then take it off to support their vision.

Awesome, dude. Normally we'd charge 100% extra but since we're taking it off, 50% will do.. hell, 30% for you since you're a longtime customer ok?

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@gshen speaking of the panamas, any in the wild pics handy, by chance? I'm generally extremely anti hat-ite (shouts to my Seinfeld fans), but softened my stance after seeing Morgan Spector in Plot Against America...

1588093115638.png

kelwatches

Reaction score
Just got the tie and pocket square. Absolutely beautiful.

Thanks and Will wear them in good health.

Cheers

dissipate

Reaction score
Well, I likely only will wear them next year judging by how things are going. And I do not usually wear a suit unless occasion calls for it. Its too warm for this part of the world and just generally how people dresses up in Singapore.

Lol same, rarely wear a tie even, but Gerald's materials are beautiful. Would buy more if I could afford!

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reviving the thread with some deliciously drapy linen.
Also, if requests are accepted, I’d love to see a linen/silk square like the below in an inverse motif, with white dots on blue ground.
F1AF7BA3-E1C5-42A1-8FE6-20BD3EA71A73.jpeg

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6/4 version of Diana and Gerald are smarter than you. I believe this tie was initially offered as a lined four fold. I bullied G into making this a lined six. It’s an AMAZING tie, but this thing is another level of stiff. There is absolutely zero fluidity to it. I think I’ve handled 2x4s with more give.

Note: still an amazing tie, to be quite clear.
F8B474BC-0469-4E35-99B4-AC4C99632C5C.jpeg

Last edited:

gshen

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
:lol:

Well, we do have some ties that are super stiff and guys seem to love em just as much. The old Navy Superrepp comes to mind - we have a client who bought two just in case something happened to his favourite tie!

gshen

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Forgot to mention here that we've now added neckerchiefs to our assortment of goods after we've received numerous requests over the years. They're 22"x22" washable cotton, handprinted in India and ready for summer.

Available online here: https://shop.vandafineclothing.com/collections/scarves

Some samples:

_DSC6710 1.jpg

_DSC7223.jpg
ps514_1.jpg

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Forgot to mention here that we've now added neckerchiefs to our assortment of goods after we've received numerous requests over the years. They're 22"x22" washable cotton, handprinted in India and ready for summer.

Available online here: https://shop.vandafineclothing.com/collections/scarves

Some samples:

View attachment 1400674

View attachment 1400673 View attachment 1400675
Out of curiosity, how is the hand on these? Fairly soft a la your squares, or more dense/rigid? I can't foresee myself ever being cool enough to be a neckerchief guy, but some of the designs would make for very cool (albeit perhaps slightly beefy) pocket squares.

gshen

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, how is the hand on these? Fairly soft a la your squares, or more dense/rigid? I can't foresee myself ever being cool enough to be a neckerchief guy, but some of the designs would make for very cool (albeit perhaps slightly beefy) pocket squares.

Pretty soft - think shirting weight, but def not as soft as the printed silk twills. They'll get softer with use too!

XXghostfaceXX

Reaction score
Look what came today!

IMG_1850.JPG

Just wanted to say thank you to the active members of this forum. I have followed this thread (and lurked on styleforum lol) for a good while and the feedback here has helped a tremendous amount when getting my tie game up.

To this point I had rare opportunities to wear ties and rotated *************** grenadine, burgundy dot and navy dot tie. I recently changed jobs and need to get dressed up more, so I knew if I had to up my existing capsule. Happy to share my final choices (now that I can't miss them ;). Most of these just arrived and some are already OoS!

IMG_1851.JPG

Thank you to Gerald for working with me on a couple different orders. The ties are phenomenal but the customer service may even be better fwiw.

Finally, I'm on the hunt for the brown navy stripe tie below, if any of the old heads on this forum want to part with one. It will go to a good home :)

1002.JPG

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look what came today!

View attachment 1402241

Just wanted to say thank you to the active members of this forum. I have followed this thread (and lurked on styleforum lol) for a good while and the feedback here has helped a tremendous amount when getting my tie game up.

To this point I had rare opportunities to wear ties and rotated *************** grenadine, burgundy dot and navy dot tie. I recently changed jobs and need to get dressed up more, so I knew if I had to up my existing capsule. Happy to share my final choices (now that I can't miss them ;). Most of these just arrived and some are already OoS!

View attachment 1402266

Thank you to Gerald for working with me on a couple different orders. The ties are phenomenal but the customer service may even be better fwiw.

Finally, I'm on the hunt for the brown navy stripe tie below, if any of the old heads on this forum want to part with one. It will go to a good home :)

View attachment 1402267
Considering I have all but 2 (depending on tie to the right of the Dugdale linen), safe to say I approve of your taste :cheers:
The yellow linen/silk stripe is a sneaky summery MVP for me. Would love to see it in different colorways...particularly in a burgundy or navy base

XXghostfaceXX

Reaction score
Considering I have all but 2 (depending on tie to the right of the Dugdale linen), safe to say I approve of your taste :cheers:
The yellow linen/silk stripe is a sneaky summery MVP for me. Would love to see it in different colorways...particularly in a burgundy or navy base
you should check your ties to make sure they are all there and nothing is missing, just to be sure ;)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads