• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

kickstand

Reaction score
Picked up an the indigo matka for this rapidly approaching spring. Figured I better before they are all gone.

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Seersucker in February in the US NE
IMG_E0884.jpg

vespertiliovir

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@TweedyProf I've been struggling to resist purchasing one of the striped seersuckers and you are not making it any easier!

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@TweedyProf I've been struggling to resist purchasing one of the striped seersuckers and you are not making it any easier!

Resistance is futile...really, don't resist. It's a great summer tie and if I didn't already have a shantung navy tie with golden stripes, I would have gotten both versions. The texture is very cool.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@gshen will there be any plain lilac ties released this season? I'm still kicking myself for not snagging one of the lilac oxford ties. Maybe an approximation of that one, or a linen blend? It's such a lovely color.

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@gshen will there be any plain lilac ties released this season? I'm still kicking myself for not snagging one of the lilac oxford ties. Maybe an approximation of that one, or a linen blend? It's such a lovely color.

You should kick yourself because that lilac oxford is awesome. I think they’re doing a somewhat similarly colored matka in a couple months.

vespertiliovir

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Resistance is futile...really, don't resist. It's a great summer tie and if I didn't already have a shantung navy tie with golden stripes, I would have gotten both versions. The texture is very cool.

Resistence was, indeed, futile: I bought the rust stripe today :embar:

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Placed my early spring order today and definitely picked up one of the new striped ties.

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of yellow ties but that's just me. That one is very tastefully done, though. (Of course it is--it's a Vanda!)

I REALLY like Gerald's shirt collar in that pic, though. That is the absolute perfect spread and roll for a button down collar. Looks to be a nice linen fabric as well, with a pleasing stripe width. I don't believe I've ever come across such a combination of sublime BD collar and slightly-wider-than-university-stripes striped linen fabric. Wonder who the maker is. Really, that's just an all-around great spring/summer getup. Bravo!

gshen

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the repost, @ericgereghty!

@SJR3 - Yellow isn't the most popular colour around but yes I think that's quite a nice soft shade.

Glad you like the shirt, especially since I made it myself :bigstar: I make only two styles of collars for myself - this soft button down and a much wider spread, both with non-fused collars.

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Thanks for the repost, @ericgereghty!

@SJR3 - Yellow isn't the most popular colour around but yes I think that's quite a nice soft shade.

Glad you like the shirt, especially since I made it myself :bigstar: I make only two styles of collars for myself - this soft button down and a much wider spread, both with non-fused collars.

Wow, you made that shirt? Tell me more. Do you offer shirts for sale?

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The shirt definitely suits the tie just about perfectly in my opinion.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads