1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gshen, Jan 12, 2016.

1. zr3rs

zr3rs Senior member

I am always ordering a custom size, but I think that, now that they regularly offer custom sizes, they switched to not stock a lot of standard sizes. They make them in-house anyway, so it is just a few days, and it is worth it.

2. noobedloser

noobedloser Senior member

Ahh i see. Thanks for the info. I actually went standard to avoid any kind of wait but its all good.

3. jcmeyer

jcmeyer Senior member

Yeah, no need to do standard next time if you want a different size - they are super fast about it and getting exactly what you want is a huge benefit. Which ones did you pick up?

My last order has no doubt arrived at home but I won't be back until the 20th to see them!

4. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Senior member

I don't think I've gotten a Vanda that hadn't received the same treatment.

To me, that makes it an even sweeter deal, as I KNOW that the tie (even with standard dimensions) is being made for me.

5. gshen

gshen Senior member Affiliate Vendor

@zr3rs is spot-on. We're a small team of 3 in the workshop, so it's almost impossible for us to keep ready stock for all ~200 varieties of ties you see on the website. If you order a standard sized tie though, it generally ships faster than custom ties as we tend to have the tie partially completed, linings pre-cut, etc.

Also, the lead time is usually under a week unless it's peak season (e.g. Christmas).

Off topic, but here's a little teaser of the Japanese cotton Olive Seersucker tie to be released in about 9 hours from now:

[​IMG]

7 people like this.
  6. Epicure

Epicure Senior member

Quote: Digging this tie, Gerald. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. kickstand

kickstand Senior member

8. gshen

3 people like this.
  9. Veremund

Veremund Senior member

Any details on that suit?

10. gshen

Sure, bespoke in Singapore from Iris Tailor. Cloth is by Loro Piana.

11. PCK1

PCK1 Senior member

Just ordered the navy seersucker...a cloth I hope to have a suit from in the near future too haha.

I'm hoping there are more fun summery type ties coming down the pipeline soon!

2 people like this.
  12. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

i got mine from the first run and its a great tie! I just took delivery of my grey hopsack and another striped block tie which are both absolutely amazing. No surprise there lol

13. Andy57

Andy57 Senior member

Here's the navy self-stripe grenadine, in use for the first time today:

[​IMG]

It's a lovely tie, perfect for summer, and ties a great knot. Thumbs up!

14. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

ballsy jacket there. I'd be afraid to eat. or go outside at all really.

15. Andy57

Andy57 Senior member

[​IMG] eh, if it gets dirty it goes to the cleaners, like anything else. It's a state of mind.

2 people like this.
  16. KingPSQ

KingPSQ Well-Known Member

It's always a pleasure to collect a new Vanda parcel. Although it's frustrating when one of the requested swatches sells out during shipping and you realise how awesome the tie would have been.
    Also, is there any chance you are going to make up a burgundy garza grossa grenadine like the forest green one any time soon?

[​IMG]

17. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Senior member

Damn, good score on the wool/linen checks. Wasn't sure about it when I got the swatch, but that thing is great.

1 person likes this.
  18. gshen

@KingPSQ, thanks for sharing! I guess you are referring to the Smokey blue glencheck swatch? If so, I just amended the stock online to reflect that we have a few more pieces.

Also, yes we can and probably will do a burgundy grossa grenadine soon. Heading up to see our Italian/English weavers in May, so let us know if you (or anyone else for that matter) has requests.

19. PCK1

PCK1 Senior member

Terracotta Matka and the Red-Green Fans kimono silk square.

[​IMG]

9 people like this.
  20. thesilentist

thesilentist Senior member

Two Vanda ties, knotted and worn:

[​IMG]
    Brown-Orange Flowers -- Reminds me a lot of an ancient madder. Finish is really dry and has some "grip" to the fabric when knotted. Still, the weight is perfect and knots well.

[​IMG]
    Dark Navy Houndstooth (sold out) -- You'd have to look really close to know it's dark navy rather than black and under the right light. Material is a bit more structured and stiff. The resulting knot feels slightly thicker when tied.

Also, bonus Ultimate White Square -- My second. The first one was stolen out of my car along with a suit jacket and belt in San Francisco. Also had it monogrammed, which is worth doing if you're going to wear this one square a lot like I do.

4 people like this.