• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

bienluienapris

Reaction score
I love that bar-stripe shantung and have come close to buying it a few times, but what always stopped me is exactly what you did there (no offense, of course). To me the colors are F/W and yet it's a shantung... if you're one to care about such things. I figured it would be limited to a tan cotton or linen suit -- anyone done that and have a pic? @bienluienapris don't you have this one?

Yes, I have this one. I wear it often with a tan cotton suit or a green linen jacket or a brown linen saharienne. I think it could work with an olive summer suit or a Solaro, why not with a brown fresco suit for exemple. And in my opinion shantung with his particular texture could be wear during the early autumn.

Here are three different exemple :

IMG_6506.jpg
IMG_6682.jpg
IMG_7052.jpg

gshen

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I love that bar-stripe shantung and have come close to buying it a few times, but what always stopped me is exactly what you did there (no offense, of course). To me the colors are F/W and yet it's a shantung... if you're one to care about such things. I figured it would be limited to a tan cotton or linen suit -- anyone done that and have a pic? @bienluienapris don't you have this one?

TBH I don't see shantung as an exclusively summer fabric. The rough and dry nature make it suitable for summer, but I think it works nicely as a textured tie for spring/fall too, which is why we picked those colours. Probably would look out of place in winter, though.

Also, for @clarksdb, shots of the Cinnamon matka and Olive shantung:

IMG_9701.jpg
IMG_6973.jpg

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wore that Rust Seersucker today, and maaaaan. Photos later. In the meantime:

Brilliant summer day yesterday. Linen, suede, and MOP everywhere.

35410139052_3bf28401a3_o_d.jpg

35578296455_0b6316f622_o_d.jpg

Rust Linen (Solbiati) necktie
Peacocks and Peonies pocket square

Non-Vanda are Southwick, Individualized Shirting, and Carmina for Epaulet

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try suspender buttons? Something about the belt w/vest look bugs me big time

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wear that Yellow linen IMMEDIATELY. I demand in the wild pics!

Certainly. I am super pumped about that tie. I was also surprised at the heft of the linen on that one. It will definitely drape well.

jcmeyer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads