Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gshen, Jan 12, 2016.

1. gshen

gshen Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Eric's suggestions are great and are similar to what I do. The ties that you have (SF burgundy bourette and purple raw silk) are both unlined six-folds and have quite a bit of memory to them. They actually would benefit from using your hands to smooth the wrinkles out after use, and then storing as suggested.

We also offer a complimentary press service for anyone who brings in their old ties (bought from us of course) or sends them back, and a full recrafting service for S$60 if you think they need some TLC.

Our ties are generally lighter in weight as correctly pointed out by Eric. In particular I think any of the grenadines (except the wool-silk ones), matkas, hopsacks, linens, cotton seersuckers, shantungs would all be nice hot weather options. We do live in Singapore where its ~90F/32C hot year round, so you could say we're pretty experienced when it comes to hot weather..

2. gshen

Some new Solbiati linens added along with restocks of the existing ones!

If you like the Pink Hopsack we have, you'll probably enjoy this new red-white version that's similar to a red-white chambray. Oh, and that blue glenplaid...

IMG_9554.jpg

3. dng992

dng992 Senior member

Any idea if you plan to have any: matkas, hopsacks, linens, cotton seersuckers - in mid/dark grey. Or is the selection online what can be expected to near forseeable future.

4. gshen

We do have a Grey Hopsack available now, and you can also order other shades of grey through our MTO hopsack service.

I'm afraid we don't have any other mid/dark greys planned in summery fabrics.

5. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Senior member

1. Shout out to @PCK1 for suggesting the cream/mint square once upon a time. Really awesome and virtually indistinguishable pattern.
    2. Any thoughts on the seasonality of the tie? Something about it screams spring/summer to me, but the cushy, cashmere-y hand to it throws off autumnal vibes.

In any event, happy to have it (and wear it) in any season. Now to get blue shirts for it.

Edit: apologies for the enormous pictures.

IMG_4612.JPG

IMG_4625.JPG

6. Jay Primo

Jay Primo Active Member

dope!

7. applky

applky Senior member

Late to this but this is fantastic. Love the collar on that. A very slightly curved point with a light lining? Who's the maker, if you don't mind me asking?

You should still wear ties! I work in a place where casual is acceptable but I'm always in neckwear. It quickly goes beyond "being your thing" to just being the way you dress. Just never be self-conscious about it.

These are incredible, especially that blue glenplaid. What's the middle fabric? Let's not neglect green fabrics, which I maintain make the most versatile ties along with purples...!

I have the grey grenadine with navy overweave (or very similar) from a previous run and its a great way to do a gray/gray-ish tie that works well in summer weather. Works with any typical fit, and I think also looks especially handsome with dress shirts that have pink in them.

https://shop.vandafineclothing.com/collections/neckties/products/navy-grey-grenadine-fina-weave

8. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

Oh I promise I'm definitely not self conscious haha. I work where I need to sell casual apparel so it's hard when I'm wearing a tie. Doesn't necessarily relate to the audiences. That's why I can't wait for weekends like this one with 2 big weddings and I can wear ties and suits haha

9. applky

applky Senior member

Ahh that makes all kinds of sense. So it goes!

10. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Senior member

I've had jobs like this. WORST was a place the uniform was "business" which somehow meant shirt/tie/slacks. I was explicitly disallowed from wearing sport coats and/or suits. Needless to say, that gig didn't last long lol.