Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gshen, Jan 12, 2016.

1. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Senior member

For what it's worth, I have never been hit with customs for my FedEx shipments...also, really love that tie from Six.

will be fabrics be entered into the MTO offerings in the future, or is this intended as a one off with these VBCs?

2. PCK1

PCK1 Senior member

@gshen Gerald - you shipped my ties to my via TNT - and I incurred NO customs charges. FYI.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
  3. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

I've never been charged duties for shipments via regular post. I've never used FedEx for a Vanda order, but I have for other vendors, and I regularly get charged duty for those. The new higher minimum should change that though. (fingers crossed)

4. soender

soender Well-Known Member

I wish the shop was easier to navigate on a iPad (og semilar touch device). I often browse in portrait mode, and here it's a bit annoying to try and filter down to say "show all ties that are brown and made of silk". Takes a bit of unlogical clicking around to get there.
    Is that UX something you could think about, the next time you redesign the site?

5. gshen

gshen Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Hi J, the tie in the far left is our Dark Navy Hopsack. These aren't in the MTO series because we have the fabrics stocked, so the prices are lower by S$20.

Here's a comparison shot of the few 'navy' fabrics in the hopsack range. Top left: 314, top right, 374, and bottom is our dark navy hopsack.

[​IMG]

Thanks for the feedback, Eric. Not quite sure if I understand your second line. Do you mean the tie Mr. Six has? If so, those were old season fabrics and the manufacturer does not have very much more. There is enough left for one tie from the fabric we ordered for Mr Six though, so you can just drop me a line if you want it.

Thanks for the feedback!

Filtering function on mobile devices is something we need to work on. Have not had a look at our site on iPad to be honest - will do so and see what we can do about it!

6. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

So happy to see Gerald and Diana become affiliates here. Love your ties and pocket squares!

On another note. That caramel tie 2nd from the left looks awfully tasty. Might have to give it a go when I'm back from vacation.

7. applky

applky Senior member

I have the Green Houndstooth Linen and wear it all the time when it's warm. It's an amazing tie.

@gshen Wow that 314 navy hopsack looks bicolor! Is that right, or are my eyes deceiving me?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  8. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Senior member

Thanks for the info @applky that one is actually in route to me as we speak...can't wait (along with the red/cream stripes and navy shepherds linen)!

9. gshen

Thanks, Justin!

Yes you're right! In fact, most of the hopsacks have a bicolour effect with alternate coloured warp/weft threads, and some of the greys use a melange yarn too, giving the fabrics a really nice visual texture. I don't know why it took us so long to offer these, but I'm glad we finally got around to doing it.

10. gshen

11. justridiculous

justridiculous Senior member

Gorgeous tie and nice shirt collar!

12. The Noodles

The Noodles Skid Fu

Subscribed.
    You guys are my favorite tie makers.

13. applky

applky Senior member

Agreed, great collar @gshen

14. gshen

Thanks, gents!

15. Tallcane

Tallcane Senior member

Wore my first Vanda tie today. Beautiful tie with a great knot. One question, do all Vanda ties not have a keeper? I have to admit that I prefer a keeper.