Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gshen, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Veremund

Veremund Senior member

[​IMG]

My birthday is in a few weeks in case anyone needs a gift idea!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016

2. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Senior member

The danger of styleforum: this sucker was totally off my radar and now it's a click away from ordered lol.

Good stuff @Mr. Six , on another note, how do you find that green linen houndstooth? That one has been tempting me for some time...

3. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

@ericgereghty The red/cream racing stripe is great. I'm a big fan of the raw silk texture, and it's a good dark red. The green linen houndstooth I sadly haven't worn a ton. It's a low contrast tie, and I struggle with those kinds of fits. The fabric and construction are excellent, of course.

4. jcmeyer

jcmeyer Senior member

For a green summer tie I was thinking the Chive Matka might be on my next order. I asked for a swatch last time and really like it, and I think it's dark enough to provide the contrast to make it more versatile.

[​IMG]

5. ericgereghty

Sweet, thanks. Actually snagged those 2, along with the navy shepherd's check linen...I can see what you mean about the green being low contrast, but I geek out HARD for linen ties, so that'll be fine with me.

Here's hoping they have some additional linens/linen blends for the coming months [​IMG]

6. PCK1

PCK1 Senior member

I have the Terracotta Matka tie and like it a great deal. The chive is tempting too.

7. ericgereghty

If it's something that is feasible, I'd highly advocate offering free premium (FedEx, at least for US folks) shipping. Perhaps something that could be triggered with a higher purchase amount than the the current $350+ offering.

I know I'd gladly throw another tie or two into the mix for it [​IMG]

8. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

I received this tie somewhat recently and finally wearing it gives me a chance to particularly praise Gerald and Diana. I had been looking for a large-scale shepherd check tie for a while and not finding anything I liked. I knew that Vanda had sold out of this fabric a while ago, but I emailed to ask if they might get something similar or maybe had found enough to make a tie. Gerald said no to both but offered to ask their weaver if he could make a run of the cloth for me. After the weaver unexpectedly said yes, I placed an order and about three weeks later the tie was making its way to me. It came out great. Thanks, G & D!

[​IMG]

9. gshen

gshen Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Thanks for the suggestion. We'll look into the numbers and see what we can do. Do you guys find the taxman comes down harder when we ship via FedEx, or does it not make a difference at all?
    You're most welcome! We're eagerly awaiting the S/S 2016 books from our Japanese weavers.. should be any day now :slayer:

10. masaccio

masaccio Senior member

I don't have experience one way or the other, but I believe that Congress just recently increased the limit on duty-free imports to $800, which should help quite a bit in that regard.

11. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Fedex is generally unpleasant customs wise + "handling fees". EMS is best IME.

12. jcmeyer

jcmeyer Senior member

I haven't gotten hit with customs charges from a Vanda order - does it only kick in above a certain quantity or if you use expedited shipping? Meermin and Carmina orders did get hit.

13. gshen

gshen Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Thanks for the feedback - would love to know how other countries' customs work in reality too. We'll put that information about US customs up on our shipping section!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We're happy to reintroduce our Order-Made program, which now offers you a mindblowing selection of 35 (!!!) plain wool hopsacks from Vitale Barberis Canonico!

If you can find a friend to order a tie in the same colour, we would happy to pass our cost savings of S$20 each to you. Feel free to comment here on which colour you're after!

14. jcmeyer

jcmeyer Senior member

In this pic, is the far left navy 314 on the site? http://shop.vandafineclothing.com/collections/neckties/products/mto-vbc-wool-hopsack

If so, I'd probably be in for that one and maybe the pink (394?) if anyone is interested.