1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gshen, Jan 12, 2016.

1. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Senior member

On a semi-related note, what are some traditional bow tie designs, excluding black tie satin/grosgrain?

Been thinking to (slightly) expand my bow tie collection, and realized I rarely see any I like...most come off as garish and kitschy nowadays, in my opinion. That shepherds check is a definite winner.

2. urban

urban Senior member

Thanks Gerald.

On the occasions where a tie(s) is needed as part of my business travels, i have gone with your boxes as well. I think i will hold off buying anything until you guys come up with a beautiful solution.

3. sprout2

sprout2 Senior member

I think we can put our heads together to think of a new and innovative solution. I believe the trick lies in a scored or hinged piece. Still thinking about it.

4. atila

atila Senior member

So I've always been a white linen PS guy (I hardly ever wear my suit jackets so the white linen has been more than sufficient). I recently purchased a couple nice sportscoats to wear at work sans tie so I wanted to get more into PS... Love Vanda's stuff and wanted to get a few, let me know what your thoughts on these PS are and which would be most versatile/easy to wear or if you have any warnings/expectations I should have in regards to any of them... any advice or insight is appreciated! thanks guys

I should note it will be worn with linen/linen blend sportcoats, one is indigo blue/chambray texture and look (primary sportcoat)... the other is more simple mid grey... I also don't plan to purchase all 5, maybe 2-3 and the "big wave" from KW... and any other suggestions you guys might have that I perhaps overlooked

cream-mint
    http://shop.vandafineclothing.com/collections/all/products/cream-mint-flowers?variant=9198400771
    [​IMG]

muted mint-orange garden
    http://shop.vandafineclothing.com/c...muted-mint-orange-gardens?variant=18811537027
    [​IMG]

peacocks
    http://shop.vandafineclothing.com/collections/all/products/peacocks-peonies?variant=22458086659
    [​IMG]

cream-violet overprint
    http://shop.vandafineclothing.com/c...ts/cream-violet-overprint?variant=23252185027
    [​IMG]

teal orchids
    http://shop.vandafineclothing.com/collections/all/products/teal-orchids?variant=23252307395
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  5. kickstand

kickstand Senior member

6. ericgereghty

Cream mint is very highly regarded here.

1 person likes this.
  7. PCK1

PCK1 Senior member

cream mint is great and versatile but looks white/cream from a distance.

if you are looking for color go with something more colorful.

8. S K M

S K M Senior member

Still have these two beauties for sale, and if you take them both I'm willing to throw in shipping for free – so I can order the red cream racing stripes... and maybe the green and light blue racing stripes as well :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. atila

atila Senior member

I would take both of those ties if they weren't wool - I can barely justify wearing my 9oz linen sportcoats much less a wool tie in our constant heat. Good luck with the sale! Someone in a colder weather climate is gonna LOVE those.

10. K. Nights

K. Nights Senior member

I really don't know how to do CM, so please excuse the tie knot, but I just wanted to give a shout out to Vanda and this awesome green/navy linen-silk. It was perfect for a summer wedding.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
    2 people like this.
  11. S K M

S K M Senior member

Thanks for your kind words, but I have to mention that they're actually intended for spring/summer wear and I would consider them to wear cooler than silk – especially the wool/linen/silk blend :)

12. applky

applky Senior member

Thanks for this Gerald. Order placed. Went classic with Navy and Chocolate shantungs, and rounded out with the Peacocks and Peonies square. So glad the shantungs worked out, and so quickly. Thanks sincerely for responding so strongly to your customers, and the ringleader/rabblerouser of movement shantung here. Looking forward!

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  13. applky

applky Senior member

In the meantime, and as a thank you to Gerald, a recent Vanda fit. Nearly all linen and hopsack for a very hot week last week (hand in pocket to rumple linen and provoke fit critiques):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Green houndstooth pure linen tie

(Non Vanda are Southwick, Gitman, and Hertling for Epaulet.)

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
    6 people like this.
  14. ericgereghty

LOL @applky as I've said before, the fit means nothing to me. That tie is great though...mine has been hanging in my closet unused too long...needs to make an appearance!

1 person likes this.
  15. applky

applky Senior member

Haha, I'm just joshin'. And thanks! It's a great tie. Wear early and often.

16. gshen

gshen Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Styleforum X Vanda Fine Clothing ties in progress:

[​IMG]

Lovely, thanks for sharing!

4 people like this.
  17. gshen

[​IMG]

OK gents, the Mustard Matka fabric finally arrived, and we have your orders cut and in the works! They should ship by next Friday, 19 Aug if the balance payment is made before then.

If you have paid the 50% deposit for the Mustard Matka, please complete the payment via this link: http://shop.vandafineclothing.com/products/mustardmatkabalance

The StyleForum X Vanda tie is also in the works and should ship by 24 Aug if payment is made before then. Please complete payment via this link: http://shop.vandafineclothing.com/products/sfxvandabalance

Thank you all for making these special orders happen!

3 people like this.
  18. PCK1

PCK1 Senior member

Fantastic news! The mustard matka looks awesome! So glad its happening

19. gshen

The first batch of Mustard Matka ties have been shipped this morning! If you've yet to pay for the balance, please do so soon and we will ship your orders ASAP.

Here's a preview of the new Oxblood Matka, which will be available in ~8 hours on our webstore with the other new colours:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  20. gshen

SF woven labels just arrived, and the first StyleForum x Vanda Fine Clothing specials are shipping out today :slayer:

[​IMG]

4 people like this.