1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gshen, Jan 12, 2016.

1. AshishArya

AshishArya New Member

In November, a friend bought me 5 ties from your store in Singapore and you included a hand-written note. I don't know if you remember.

Have not been able to reply to it but want to say thank you through my first post on this forum.

The ties are great and I love wearing them.

Thank you.

2. rickytt

rickytt Active Member

Love Vanda ties!

3. gshen

gshen Senior Member Affiliate Vendor

Thanks! Well noted on the brown shantung. We'll see what we can do!

Yes of course I remember your friend coming in. Wear the ties in good health!

4. AshishArya

AshishArya New Member

Thank you! Will keep them close. Hopefully life will give us an opportunity to meet sometime.

Will wish you luck for the success of this thread and greater success for your business.

5. gshen

A small selection of lined six-fold ties, made from 36oz handprinted silks from Macclesfield.

Dry hand, matte finish and super lively!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016

6. gshen

Our latest collection is now live on our site! The texture of our new hand tie-dyed shibori fabric would probably interest some of you:

[​IMG]

Really great texture on these guys - crinkly and bubbly which reminds me of seersucker.

7. applky

applky Distinguished Member

After my first purchase from Gerald and Diana from their initial collection, I was instantly persuaded that these were not only the best value ties on the market, but perhaps the best ties period. I've bought my ties over the past five years nearly exclusively from G&D. The tie below is one of the ties that started it all -- a woven brown "fancy wool." It's looks nearly new all these years later (though my photo, of course, leaves something to be desired). If the forum is collecting candidates for an old stock rerun, this should be at the top of the list. I'd buy a spare.

Photo for a long, rainy day (repost from the old thread).

[​IMG]

Vanda "fancy wool" woven tie from debut collection in 2011
    Vanda mud-dyed floral PS

The rest is Luigi Bianchi Mantova and Gitman for Epaulet.

8. VRaivio

VRaivio Distinguished Member

Vanda's hand-rolled edges are as clean and tight as those from Simonnot-Godard, and I cannot come up with a finer comparison point.

9. gshen

^^Thanks gents.

We are very particular about our rolled edges, and it's always nice to know these little details are appreciated.

Most pocket squares these days are left to the printing factories to be hemmed - mostly by machine (see our old blog post for a comparison), and less often by hand. We insist on hand rolling our pocket squares in our own workshop even though it obviously costs us more time and money, mostly because we think we do a better job.

Here's how we roll:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And finished:
    [​IMG]

Comparison of our hand rolled edges (bottom) vs a machine rolled edge (top):
    [​IMG]

10. jamie411

jamie411 Senior Member

I own 3 ties and a PS, and they're all fantastic. I love the variety of unique fabrics on offer, and of course the construction is excellent.

My one request would be for more pocket squares with a border - like the zodiac collection.

Best of luck!

11. jcmeyer

jcmeyer Distinguished Member

@gshen I definitely delayed for too long, but I'm assuming the fact that the burnt orange donegal is only available in the standard size means there's no more of the fabric? Maybe some fell behind the table? :D

Want that one and thinking I'd order the blue flowers along with it :nodding:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Tallcane

Tallcane Senior Member

Just ordered two ties. One light blue and orange madder and a moss with interesting texture. Looking forward to receiving them. Thanks Vanda.

13. gshen

Hey, we are out of the workshop till Wed so i cant say for sure till we search the place. Will send you an email then!

Thanks very much. You wont be disappointed :slayer:

14. gshen

Some VBC hopsacks (100% wool) just arrived, to be crafted into lined 4-fold ties. These have a really soft and drapey feel with a dry finish, and would be great for spring, maybe even summer.

We're working with local stockist of VBC fabrics who stocks a pretty awesome range of colours, and we can pretty much order any colour as long as we hit a minimum of 2 ties. Will post studio shots of the various shades soon, but if you're keen on anything you see in the meantime, just leave a message here, and you might find a partner keen to order one as well.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Asian Afro

Asian Afro Senior Member

What do people do with the boxes used to ship Vanda's ties? I find them too nice to throw out.