• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

CLTesquire

Reaction score
@gshen, while placing an order today I ran into a stalemate over 2 ties; the brown herringbone cashmere silk and the undyed escorial cream herringbone. They seem pretty similar to me so, with escorial wool being pretty close to the softness of cashmere, I was curious which you prefer?

CLTesquire

Reaction score
Hazel grey cashmere and some friends are on order. Now to figure out this block stripe problem....

Also, wearing this great tie today

24F2D5AF-27ED-44BC-8326-18B570A5588B.jpeg

Last edited:

gshen

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@gshen, while placing an order today I ran into a stalemate over 2 ties; the brown herringbone cashmere silk and the undyed escorial cream herringbone. They seem pretty similar to me so, with escorial wool being pretty close to the softness of cashmere, I was curious which you prefer?
_DSC5441.jpg

Yes they're pretty similar colour wise. The Escorial version has slightly narrower herringbones, so it has less white and appears a wee bit darker. Escorial is a bit smoother and more uniform in finish while the cashmere/silk version has a tiny bit of slubs - it's also a lined six-fold Vs Escorial which is a lined four-fold.

Block stripe preorder ends in about 13 hours FYI!

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.