• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vancouver high-end outlet stores

alt.don

Reaction score
I will be in Vancouver next month and would like to know if there are any high-end outlet stores there worth checking out.

Mark Anthony

Reaction score
Not sure where you are coming from but if you are American you will be disappointed. In general the Outlet store is not very common in Canada and what do exist is nothing like down south.

While Vancouver has some nice mens stores (emphasis on some) the pricing will come as a shock to you and not in a good way.

You can check out Holt Renfrew, Harry Rosen and Mark James if you are interested. These are not outlets but flagship stores in downtown Vancouver. Again pricing will disappoint.

If the weather holds out, a Saturday or Sunday strolling Robson street in good mostly for the people watching.

alt.don

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I am coming from Ottawa actually. Was on Robson St. several times but never really paid attention to the stores there. Will check out Holt Renfrew again as it much nice then the one in Ottawa.

BTW, was in San Antonio, TX some months ago and went to the San Marcos outlet stores. Lots of high end ones there Hugo Boss, Cole Haan and so on. Sadly I didn't find anything I wanted. That place is amazing though dozens and dozens of outlet stores.

officeboy

Reaction score
The Arc'teryx and Lululemon outlet stores are the only outlets that come to mind in the Vancouver area.

Mark Anthony

Reaction score
Originally Posted by alt.don
Was on Robson St. several times but never really paid attention to the stores there

You prove my point about how nice people watching can be on the Strasse.

At least you will warm up a bit...alot. Looking forward to picking first overall in June?? Sorry had to throw that in there.

alt.don

Reaction score
Haha, well at least we get a first round pick. Well I will pay attention this time to Robson street after feasting at Hons.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by officeboy
The Arc'teryx and Lululemon outlet stores are the only outlets that come to mind in the Vancouver area.

I was just at that Arc'Teryx store. Not worth it. Almost everything was XL.

guyver00

Reaction score
The closest outlet store would be in Tutalip outlet mall near Seattle :)

I find Holt and Renfrew overpriced compare to Harry Rosen, and while you're there you can stroll around Pacific Centre, Granville St, check out the Art Gallery.

alt.don

Reaction score
Yep, Holt Renfrew is way overpriced but a friend of mine's wife works at Holt's here in Ottawa and will let me use his employee discount of %50. Massive score! Just waiting for them to get more of their spring stuff in. Currently lusting after an Armani spring coat but won't pay the $775 they want for it. Half of that though is another story entirely.

Doc4

Reaction score
Vancouver also has Brooks Bros. if that floats your boat.

lovelux2010

Reaction score
your best bet for shopping would be to head to the seattle premium outlets..
they have ralph lauren amongst other brands..

otherwise vancouver is extremely overpriced for everything...from electronics to clothing and accessories..

your other option is to use holt renfrew as a sizing shop as i would do if i still lived in vancouer;..
figure out your size, then buy online from the US or other..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads